Author Topic: VR question  (Read 481 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
VR question
« on: July 27, 2017, 01:06:24 AM »
Ok, I have played around some with OBS recording software, but its a bear! The files on any flight I record are very large and due to the fact that I really cant edit the films quick enough, I am really loading up my disk space. I really love the NVIDIA Shadow Play though, and it isnt as demanding of disk space as OBS, plus I already know how to work with this program. Is there a way to change the AH splash screen resolution and/or screen size? If I expand the screen size on the Occulus tab that is up when using head set, it at least gets it better than the narrow screen that seems to be default? Problem is, just looks smashed, in vertical at least. To scrunched and fat. Just wondering if there is a fix! Other wise I better spend more time messing with OBS, The Longest Day is quickly approaching and would love to record it with a Shadow Play type deal. No worries,much, as the people that would be watching my film dont really have an experience that would make this issue pop out at them. Just curious  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: VR question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 06:36:31 AM »
We really have no control over this.  It is all handled by the VR drivers.  It would take a very special piece of software to merge the two images back into one and then correct the aspect ratio, without further distorting it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 05:58:32 PM »
Was a bit more than I was asking? Then again I have no idea what it was I was asking :uhoh The Oculus Mirror ,i believe is what its called :headscratch: is ok to record, just cant get the MIrror on top of the AH mirror? Not necessarily having both eyes/views consolidated. Just a way to expand the window? Not trying to question you or harass, just making sure you got what i was asking...then again I have no idea. If you did understand my question...it was answered and thank you :salute Seems like if the mirror window was able to go full size it would fix the smash? Thanks again, dont mean to be a bother :uhoh
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 06:00:50 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 06:41:08 PM »
I found another post where this was addressed :rolleyes: I seem to have a habit of missing stuff :bolt: Thanks again for your patience with this MORON :x