Author Topic: Webroot Secure Anywhere  (Read 419 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Webroot Secure Anywhere
« on: August 01, 2017, 03:46:42 PM »
My antivirus will not let me do the latest update when I launch AH. Is there a link to d/l the update using my internet browser?

In the past I would disable Webroot,  then enable after the update.
This version of AH is different somehow and I get a message about Malware being
present. I did a scan and nothing was detected.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Webroot Secure Anywhere
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 04:27:56 PM »
It is a false positive.  Happens with almost every anti-xxxx known, some time or another.

So disabling Webroot is not allowing the patch to happen?  Ok, another one for the list.  Avast, Kaspersky, and Norton also act on data when they are disabled.  It just stops the reporting of the problem.

http://dload.hitechcreations.com/AHIII3103TO3200.EXE is the patch.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 06:29:33 PM »
Hhmmmm....................... .

I'm currently using Webroot Secure Anywhere for Gamers anti-virus software w\ my box in concert w\ Windows Defender enabled as well to periodically scan for threats in a limited state but Webroot is set up to do the heavy lifting (this version of Webroot does play well w\ Windows Defender).

Just downloaded the latest version of AHIII & all went w\o a hitch......didn't have to disable Webroot or Windows Defender either & AHIII isn't set up to be excluded from either software as both are actively operating.............

Webroot does make several versions of anti-virus software depending on computer usage so it may be beneficial to find out which version the OP is actually using.......why I posted that I'm using the Gamer's version of Webroot Secure Anywhere AV as this version was specifically written to coincide w\ computers running game software (think online competition gaming) but still provide good AV protection.

Haven't had any issues since installing this AV software on 2-'17 after dumping Kapersky (major resource hog to go w\ the false positives).

Will keep on the lookout for any nefarious activity going forward but so far I have had no issues out of this version of Webroot.

FYI....................

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 08:14:55 PM »
Thank you both for posting. I will check out the gaming version. This is my first time ever that it blocked AH.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 01:50:00 AM »
For a workaround you can exclude the AH folder from being scanned as Pudgie hinted. That has worked for me with Avast. The rule may reset during a major update of the anti-virus program, but it's relatively easy to check and reapply.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »
Oooooops !

It was not my "Webroot" after all. I forgot about my SonicWALL firewall. I bypassed the firewall for a few min. and the game installed just fine. Thanks to all who responded.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 06:13:55 PM »
Oooooops !

It was not my "Webroot" after all. I forgot about my SonicWALL firewall. I bypassed the firewall for a few min. and the game installed just fine. Thanks to all who responded.

Glad you got it all sorted out!

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd