Author Topic: Question about PTO scenarios  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Question about PTO scenarios
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 10:37:04 PM »
In the big MA days it would be great, and is what we asked for. Numbers aren't what they used to be, though. I like it, but I'd hate to see scenarios drop to the point of just being... a snapshot... or an FSO...

If you know what I mean? No slight against FSO or snapshots. They're just not.... "scenario" level to me.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 12:24:19 AM »
I think it always comes down to too few history minded folks vs those who want a bird they can 'win' in. 

An early New Guinea scenario would be interesting to me because of that history.  39s, 40s and some early 38s, A20s and Strafer 25s vs Zekes some Tonies and Betties.  But there aren't a lot of us willing to go up in 39Ds vs Zekes.   Although I suppose there are enough of us who've read "Nanette" we might be able to get 6 or 7 diehards :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 10:48:40 AM »
I think it always comes down to too few history minded folks vs those who want a bird they can 'win' in. 

An early New Guinea scenario would be interesting to me because of that history.  39s, 40s and some early 38s, A20s and Strafer 25s vs Zekes some Tonies and Betties.  But there aren't a lot of us willing to go up in 39Ds vs Zekes.   Although I suppose there are enough of us who've read "Nanette" we might be able to get 6 or 7 diehards :)

Dan I am afraid that the attitude you described won't change.  However, with Steam being involved there is a "chance".  Remember from gents of our age, to when we started doing this to now, we've had a generational change.  Two generations worth of change in my case.  That's a big difference and of great significance also.  Two reasons I retired.  One, scenarios were the last bastion of hope for us old guys lol.  And two, they simply are not the scenarios we were used to participating in for well over twenty years.  Brooke has taken unwarranted abuse and some of it was down right disgusting.  Instead of receiving accolades for taking his personal time to design these things he's the target at times of the most childish and idiotic abuse I've seen in years of playing in communities such as this.  ROC used to be deeply involved in design also and I can bet he probably saw this coming.  ROC was also fantastic at this.   There are just not enough interested now to participate in a number of 200 or more.  I was saddened to see that registration is temporarily closed until 15 to 20 more players register for the Luftwaffe in the next scenario.  This tells me that Scenarios can't get 80 players to participate now.  Different world now. And in this case we are not in the majority.

On another note I am having a great Summer.  I did agree to send my controllers off to squad members.  They're probably p'od by now because I've decided to hang on to them to see if the Steam connection will help this great game.  I did delete the game from my hard drive because at this time I simply only miss the old guys I flew with and against.  Logging on to look at the map, and decide to not bother playing because of what I saw on the map was disappointing to say the least.  Who knows, maybe in the future I'll be back, then again maybe I won't.  It isn't the game, it's just that my interests in having fun are different then most participants today.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:00:06 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 12:33:34 PM »
But there aren't a lot of us willing to go up in 39Ds vs Zekes.   Although I suppose there are enough of us who've read "Nanette" we might be able to get 6 or 7 diehards :)

I would love that.  The P-39D would be my top choice!  (And Nanette was great!)   :aok

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 02:41:54 PM »

I'll fly a P-39Q against Zekes!  :aok
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell