Author Topic: Remove "kill" messages.  (Read 1601 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Remove "kill" messages.
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
Back in the day, the buffer would announce your arriving and leaving the arena and, at one point, announced your kills as they happened.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2017, 08:51:53 PM »
Was that when you were vulching planes as they spawned out on the runway after the field had been deacked?
well you know what ... its a distinct possibility some of those where acquired during a base suppression mission I was involved in.. :noid
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2017, 12:18:50 AM »
I like to be able to message my the killed/killer and say "That was great flying". Only usually though if the dogfight last like over 2 minutes.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2017, 10:37:33 AM »
Back in the day, the buffer would announce your arriving and leaving the arena and, at one point, announced your kills as they happened.
Yeah I think it was changed to landed kills so  there were less HO's etc.  Not entirely sure.

I like the kill messages.  It'd probably be better if you didn't get kills for planes until they've left the runway and proximity of the airfield (like flag is set to no kill as long as the plane has not moved outside of the airfield border), didn't get kills for camping gv spawn points and no kills for proxies (but then you have the issue of bailers / deliberate augers to avoid getting shot down).

Overall I think its fine the way it is.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2017, 11:10:40 AM »
Yeah I think it was changed to landed kills so  there were less HO's etc.  Not entirely sure.

I like the kill messages.  It'd probably be better if you didn't get kills for planes until they've left the runway and proximity of the airfield (like flag is set to no kill as long as the plane has not moved outside of the airfield border), didn't get kills for camping gv spawn points and no kills for proxies (but then you have the issue of bailers / deliberate augers to avoid getting shot down).

Overall I think its fine the way it is.

Absolutely not.

think about how this might be abused sir.
Wag more, bark less.