Author Topic: New Joystick  (Read 3458 times)

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
Re: New Joystick
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 03:17:51 PM »
So we can not just plug and play without software.  I do not use the TM Target software I just plug in and program through AH.

Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 03:58:29 PM »
Yep  plug and play VKB
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Pluto

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 04:11:55 PM »
The gunfighter runs through the black box and you need to add the stick profile through their software. The rudder pedals alone were plug and play but when added with the stick the profile also had to be added. No need to run a program in the background after this is initially done though.

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 07:55:33 AM »
I enjoy tinkering around with the different brands of Hotas they have available.
Warthog - Didn't like the stiffness of the spring and it was not smooth. I messed around with the spring and sanding all parts but never could get it right. I installed the adapter for it to fit on my Gladiator but its really to heavy for it and never could get it to where I like it. I use the Throttle for when I play DCS.
Saitek X55 - Went through a few of them I kept wearing out the POV hat but I really liked the Action of the stick. Looking on Ebay for a Handle for it.
Saitek X56 - The one I received was a Dud. The throttle was to stiff and it had terrible Stickion 'grabbing'. I didn't like the thumb toggle on it either.
VKB Gladiator Pro - I am currently using it with my Ch Throttle. Its the most precise and smoothest so far. I set it up with lightest spring and 10 degree Cams almost no Detent at center. The problem I have with it is its so smooth I having a hard time not over adjusting at center when aiming. I am currently trying to get used to it. The handle doesn't have many hats but lots of buttons. They will have a new handle for it in September 'Posslibly' and will get it with the new VKB Gunfighter stick.
CH Fighterstick  - Its a really nice stick for 120 dollors. It has a distinct Detent at center which is mostly what I am used to. I just got one a few weeks ago and like it a lot. It pretty precise and Ive read that the buttons are rated for Millions of clicks so that's pretty awesome.
CH Throttle - Very nice and simple I am back to using it again after trying all the fancy ones its one of the best you can get.
VKB Pedals - Their Awesome nothing else to say lol
The one thing I think is neat with the VKB Gladiator Pro is that they send you different Cams and Springs so you can make it play anyway you want. Ive taken it apart about 50x trying out different settings. Its a lot of fun
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:03:57 AM by yipi »

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 08:22:24 AM »
Ive taken it apart about 50x trying out different settings

ummmmmm starting to see the relevance to the issues lol

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 08:54:32 AM »
I enjoy tinkering around with the different brands of Hotas they have available.
Warthog - Didn't like the stiffness of the spring and it was not smooth. I messed around with the spring and sanding all parts but never could get it right. I installed the adapter for it to fit on my Gladiator but its really to heavy for it and never could get it to where I like it. I use the Throttle for when I play DCS.
Saitek X55 - Went through a few of them I kept wearing out the POV hat but I really liked the Action of the stick. Looking on Ebay for a Handle for it.
Saitek X56 - The one I received was a Dud. The throttle was to stiff and it had terrible Stickion 'grabbing'. I didn't like the thumb toggle on it either.
VKB Gladiator Pro - I am currently using it with my Ch Throttle. Its the most precise and smoothest so far. I set it up with lightest spring and 10 degree Cams almost no Detent at center. The problem I have with it is its so smooth I having a hard time not over adjusting at center when aiming. I am currently trying to get used to it. The handle doesn't have many hats but lots of buttons. They will have a new handle for it in September 'Posslibly' and will get it with the new VKB Gunfighter stick.
CH Fighterstick  - Its a really nice stick for 120 dollors. It has a distinct Detent at center which is mostly what I am used to. I just got one a few weeks ago and like it a lot. It pretty precise and Ive read that the buttons are rated for Millions of clicks so that's pretty awesome.
CH Throttle - Very nice and simple I am back to using it again after trying all the fancy ones its one of the best you can get.
VKB Pedals - Their Awesome nothing else to say lol
The one thing I think is neat with the VKB Gladiator Pro is that they send you different Cams and Springs so you can make it play anyway you want. Ive taken it apart about 50x trying out different settings. Its a lot of fun

Hi Yipi,

Which handle do you have on the VKB Gladiator Pro?

Would you take a picture of your stick & post it so I could see it?

I'd appreciate it!

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 08:06:05 AM »
Please give a hint on how to insert an image. I used the attachment and picked the photo but not seeing what I am supposed to do next

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 10:36:23 AM »
Please give a hint on how to insert an image. I used the attachment and picked the photo but not seeing what I am supposed to do next

If you want an attached photo visible in your post, post it normally. Then open your post, right click the image and select "Copy image location". Then modify your post, click the "Insert Image" button and paste the location in between. Save.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 03:46:34 PM »
My Gladiator Stock handle and Warthog with VKB adapter so I can use it also.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 04:24:46 PM »
My Gladiator Stock handle and Warthog with VKB adapter so I can use it also.

Thanks, Yipi!

If VKB would make a handle for that Gladiator Pro stick like the Warthog handle w\ all the buttons\switches working I'd be all over this thing....

Will be waiting for this to develop...................

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »
Might as well get a steering wheel instead. There's more Tanking than flying going on.