Author Topic: 1 big bad cloud.  (Read 558 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
1 big bad cloud.
« on: August 12, 2017, 01:26:12 PM »
1 big bad cloud at A6 and some other bases I was at on The Montis map 8-12-17. this cloud is causing frame rate to drop in to the 20's, and I use Vsync. other players were complaining of FR loss as well, normally clouds don't affect my FR but today it did. I took screen shots but not film, but I don't know how to post it any way, maybe some other players will post one.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
Re: 1 big bad cloud.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 05:48:50 PM »

Over A6 on Montis.

Find it odd that it hovers over this one area and the rest of the sky is absolute clear. I also noticed that when I'm flying with no clouds around, it seems to glitch out and throw me into what would look like a foggy storm then I get back in the visible sky. When I go to look behind me I see no cloud. My fps went from 60 down to 10 when I went under that big cloud, when I looked toward it down to 30.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:54:10 PM by THRASH99 »

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 12:14:37 AM »
thank you Thrash99
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 09:49:09 AM »
Yea this big chunk of cloud is useless as I see it and is causing drops in frame rates. I do not have issues with other clouds but this big chunk of toejam cloud will chase more players away due to frame drops. The air battle became disintegrated due to that cloud and everyone left the area.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 10:44:08 AM »
Ditto on the cloud thing.  I was landing bombers at A6 and my frame rate varied from 60 down to almost 20 depending on the direction I was flying and proximity to the cloud.  One of my squad mates flying a Jug got discoed twice, once permanently when approaching the same field.  It's one weird cloud.