Author Topic: Patching AH through Oculus library  (Read 1483 times)

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
Patching AH through Oculus library
« on: April 18, 2017, 02:09:04 PM »
I run AH through the Oculus library.
I have all gunsights deleted except the one I use in every plane and called it default as I am too lazy to set things up. :angel:
With every patch now installed through the library I get all the gunsights back  :furious, have to go into Oculus folder and delete them manually again.  :bhead

Anyone else noticed this?

Is this a bug to report or an Oculus issue? :noid

Thx

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Patching AH through Oculus library
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »
The Oculus patch system checks each file in the game to see if it has changed.  If it has then is patches the file to the latest version.  I suppose, if the file is missing, they will install the latest one.

It is not a bug.  It is working the way it was intended to.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 06:38:25 PM »
I run AH through the Oculus library.
I have all gunsights deleted except the one I use in every plane and called it default as I am too lazy to set things up. :angel:
With every patch now installed through the library I get all the gunsights back  :furious, have to go into Oculus folder and delete them manually again.  :bhead

Anyone else noticed this?

Is this a bug to report or an Oculus issue? :noid

Thx

You can make a copy of the Sights folder and copy the contents back into the game after updates.

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 08:07:07 AM »
Thx.

Will rename my own sight and program it to all and then replace the original sights. Should do it I guess.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 06:13:42 AM »
Not meaning to punt this:

With last update this issue returns...

I have placed my own gunsight under it's own name in the sight folder. I have selected the gunsight to my planes. All other gunsights are in the folder as intended.

yesterday after the patch all gunsights again are changed. My own gunsight is still in the folder but the preferences have been overwritten it seems.

How come? Did I miss some VR update procedure? This remains annoying. Thanks for sorting this.
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 02:47:16 PM »
The sights folder has two text files. One holds the info for which gunsight bmp file is associated with which airplane. The other is your alpha slider setting for bright\dimm of the gunsight. Once you have associated to the planes your custom gunsight to show up in. Keep a copy of your gunsight bmp file and all of the text files that show the name of your gunsight bmp file in them in a folder. Then next time just copy them back into the sights folder and you won't have to delete anything.

Yes you can simply delete all the files out of the gunsight folder before you copy in your single gunsight and those text files. But, then you will have blank gunsights in any ride you don't normally fly. So once you have copied your gunsight and those text files into the sights folder, keep a copy of that folder. Next time this happens, just copy the contents over the default files in the sights folder. Or delete that sights folder and copy your back up sights folder back to replace it.

You should have been there when I built all those gunsights for AH3......at times I confused myself with all those bmp and mil files spelling the names the same.... :O

Now you could just rename your gunsight.bmp file to default.bmp. Then delete the contents of the sights folder except for that file. Then all the gunsights will default to the "default.bmp" file. Not sure if you really use only that gunsight for every single optical sight in the game.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 02:20:24 AM »
Thanks bustr, yet:

It comes down to that after an oculus managed update we have to actively reset our settings? That was not the case in the old days?
Whenever a patch is installed we end up having to check our settings. I doubt that is the idea?

Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 03:51:24 PM »
Its nature of the beast...not game its Oculus library. Might I ask why you go through Oculus for the game? I go to HighTech Creations: DX11 and click YES when asked if I want to use my RIFT.     No problems at all with updates.  I basically have 3 AH games installed, DX9 DX11, and AHoculus. In oculus library I have 2? Not sure as why that is :headscratch:   BUT no problems if play VR version through DX11 desktop Icon
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 03:53:30 AM »
Its nature of the beast...not game its Oculus library. Might I ask why you go through Oculus for the game? I go to HighTech Creations: DX11 and click YES when asked if I want to use my RIFT.     No problems at all with updates.  I basically have 3 AH games installed, DX9 DX11, and AHoculus. In oculus library I have 2? Not sure as why that is :headscratch:   BUT no problems if play VR version through DX11 desktop Icon

So did I. And then it was advertised that AH is in the library and we could use it from there. Hence I deleted te DX9 ad DX11 which were just eating up HDD space and it was mega annoying to have to update it anytime I use it.
Hence I ran through Occulus only. And this works fine except the reset after every update. To be honest, I can not believe that this is what HTC envisioned with the updater.
Not a gamebreaker to me, just an annoyance.
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 08:18:26 AM »
Right! I still played some with non VR and TIR,GVs and bombers even fighter sometimes. Just depended on my mood :uhoh I was needing to keep AH updated through normal use, so never even went through Oculus Library. I found updating through oculus, I still had to go through updates fo standard......too many updates :old:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain