Author Topic: Let's post Steam Reviews!  (Read 8840 times)

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
Re: Let's post Steam Reviews!
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2017, 09:31:08 AM »
LMAO!  Hitech's "For Bribes" link. :cool:
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2017, 10:05:54 AM »
Purple Underwear ...its super hot
Like Aces High
we think not
of the uber ride or rareity..
we shooot it down to be
 flying high, under the spell
of acm and snap shot moments
that dictate the moment
and dispelll the spell
fight on <S>
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2017, 10:19:10 AM »

No joke, either! Why, I bet if I sent them an entire case of the stuff I could maybe bend their ears and make an argument to include the Ju188 in the new planes to-do list.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2017, 02:18:06 PM »
Purple underwear
although it looks very keen
can't be seen in flight

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2017, 02:20:48 PM »
Purple underwear
can't be seen in flight

That's only true if you index the color palette and include the purple's index in the mask .txt file...   :noid

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2017, 03:34:33 PM »
Purple underwear
can't be seen in flight

Haiku to you to
The bulletin board is fun
For haikus and puns

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2017, 03:42:01 PM »
Know what you can do
when trying to write haiku's
or dumb you will sound.

Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2017, 04:24:23 PM »
I tried to use that link to send him some, after the Hitsprite tweak he made for the Rift :x   It said they cant deliver to that address :(
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »
Know what you can do
when trying to write haiku's
or dumb you will sound.

Silliness abounds
Basho's old frog jumps the shark
Steam rises and cools

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2017, 05:34:57 PM »
I tried to use that link to send him some, after the Hitsprite tweak he made for the Rift :x   It said they cant deliver to that address :(

OMG!!! Crag put a restraining order out on HTC!!!   :banana: :x

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2017, 11:46:09 AM »
Late to this thread, but in case anyone reading this does a Steam review, ...

IMHO one of the most important elements of AH (and its defunct predecessors like Air Warrior) is the view system, especially the legacy numeric keyboard view system.  This type of view system allows instant glances in ANY prototypical direction (not just those in the plane of the wings and straight up), with your brain knowing where each direction is relative to the orientation of the aircraft.  This is because each such direction corresponds to a unique hand position on the numeric keypad, thus giving you muscle feedback on that direction, as a real pilot obtains from their neck muscles.  So, with practice, your brain knows for example that a particular patch of sky is "up and to the right-rear" relative to the orientation of the aircraft.  So although Aces High supports special viewing hardware such as TrackIR, you don't need it to be competitive. 

This type of real-time situational awareness yields a big increase in game play value.  Because an experienced player has instantaneous, position-contextual information on his target(s) at all times, the player can utilize the full spectrum of real-world air combat maneuvers, as described  in such books as Shaw's "Fighter Combat".  Contrast this with the pitiful viewing system of such games as the in-development space sim "Star Citizen". 

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2017, 11:53:59 AM »
Late to this thread, but in case anyone reading this does a Steam review, ...

IMHO one of the most important elements of AH (and its defunct predecessors like Air Warrior) is the view system, especially the legacy numeric keyboard view system.  This type of view system allows instant glances in ANY prototypical direction (not just those in the plane of the wings and straight up), with your brain knowing where each direction is relative to the orientation of the aircraft.  This is because each such direction corresponds to a unique hand position on the numeric keypad, thus giving you muscle feedback on that direction, as a real pilot obtains from their neck muscles.  So, with practice, your brain knows for example that a particular patch of sky is "up and to the right-rear" relative to the orientation of the aircraft.  So although Aces High supports special viewing hardware such as TrackIR, you don't need it to be competitive. 

This type of real-time situational awareness yields a big increase in game play value.  Because an experienced player has instantaneous, position-contextual information on his target(s) at all times, the player can utilize the full spectrum of real-world air combat maneuvers, as described  in such books as Shaw's "Fighter Combat".  Contrast this with the pitiful viewing system of such games as the in-development space sim "Star Citizen".

I have to agree with this. The viewing system really is great. One thing that has deterred me from other games is that the viewing system is painful. So far I've absolutely hated WT and BF4. I came from Microsoft Combat FS in 2005 and never realized how so important it was to be able to look around constantly and know where you are relative to the plane and sky and enemies.

By some accounts Im disappointed in the new Default AH forward view. I think starting off 10 centimeters from the gunsite isn't a very good starting place. It's going to make it even harder for new players. Trust me.  Everyone who has changed their FOV to 109-120 has told me it's so much better.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 12:01:43 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2017, 12:03:26 PM »
also the ability to save head positions that make sense. IL2 and rise of flight have "head on a stick" keyboard view system. If there happens to be a big canopy bar or anything else right in front of your face - tough luck my stiff-necked buddy!
Not so in AH.

After 16 years in AH I still use the keyboard for views and can't imagine using anything else. Old habits die hard.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2017, 12:10:04 PM »
The classic illustration of the flexibility and utility of our viewing system was one of those videos by Leviathan (?) showing a particular maneuver whose name escapes me (old age...).  Essentially the attacker is diving in from your rear.  Keeping a constant eye on them, you roll around the axis of their approach just enough to deny them a guns solution, while simultaneously decelerating.  Ideally, the target overshoots at point blank range, and bang (...).  It requires a lot of skill to do this consistently, but the above player (whose in-game handle someone will hopefully provide) was very good at it. 

Anyway, if anyone mentions our viewing system in a Steam review, they could include a link to a film showing the above maneuver to illustrate. 

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2017, 02:35:46 PM »
The classic illustration of the flexibility and utility of our viewing system was one of those videos by Leviathan (?) showing a particular maneuver whose name escapes me (old age...).  Essentially the attacker is diving in from your rear.  Keeping a constant eye on them, you roll around the axis of their approach just enough to deny them a guns solution, while simultaneously decelerating.  Ideally, the target overshoots at point blank range, and bang (...).  It requires a lot of skill to do this consistently, but the above player (whose in-game handle someone will hopefully provide) was very good at it. 

Anyway, if anyone mentions our viewing system in a Steam review, they could include a link to a film showing the above maneuver to illustrate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YAi_TRAV4E8

Here is a very short video of me doing something similar. Unfortunately it's with film viewer so it doesn't show my saved views. Still good to see tho!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion