Author Topic: Aveatow bugs  (Read 688 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Aveatow bugs
« on: September 17, 2017, 09:45:41 AM »
I'm getting this error message when I enter the new winter terrain avaetow.

Also the offline time setting seems to be 12 hours out, so setting the time to midnight gives noon and vice versa.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
Re: Aveatow bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 02:47:31 PM »
Get the same mssg... but doesn't seem to effect game play
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 08:05:55 PM »
That bug's been around for awhile now. Sorta like whack-a-mole, but since it doesn't affect anything it isn't a priority.

I'm not sure how the time settings got whacked. I thought I'd corrected it before I uploaded it.

Thanks for taking a look at the terrain.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:07:35 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 03:24:39 AM »
That bug's been around for awhile now. Sorta like whack-a-mole, but since it doesn't affect anything it isn't a priority.

I'm not sure how the time settings got whacked. I thought I'd corrected it before I uploaded it.

Thanks for taking a look at the terrain.
New terrain in the works? Or just an offline-check this out if you would terrain? Custom arena thing perhaps? Ok, I figure you got my point!!! Hope its a new terrain, as they are needed :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 03:52:15 AM »
New terrain in the works? Or just an offline-check this out if you would terrain? Custom arena thing perhaps? Ok, I figure you got my point!!! Hope its a new terrain, as they are needed :rock

Just log into the AvA arena and the Aveatow terrain and then the new winter terrain set will auto-download. You can then either log into the AvA online or select Aveatow as your offline terrain. The nice thing is that not only have the main terrain tiles been winterised but all the vegetation and buildings have had a dusting of snow as well. As a result it looks a lot more convincing than previous winter terrains.

I applied the new terrain set to an MA terrain I part-completed a year or two ago, just changed the terrain set and spent half an hour with the angle/altitude filters and the global setting to get it looking reasonable. It looks good but I have my doubts about a winter MA terrain. It would be nice to give some of the winter skins get more use. However the tendency would be for players to turn off all skins so they can see enemy GVs in their default skins standing out against the snow. I'm not keen on anything that makes players turn off skins.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 06:46:29 AM »
It would be nice to give some of the winter skins get more use. However the tendency would be for players to turn off all skins so they can see enemy GVs in their default skins standing out against the snow. I'm not keen on anything that makes players turn off skins.
Exactly.

While I'd like to include winter skins for every ride, it would be a monster download. The best answer I can come up with is to whitewash the GV skins and hope everyone will select from the skinner community's skins. I may do the same thing for a few of the pre ~July '43 planes we prefer to use in our setups.

In the meantime, the whitewashed M8 will be a popular ride in one of our tank nights because of the fast action it provides.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001