Author Topic: DX9 won't load after playing DX11  (Read 544 times)

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
DX9 won't load after playing DX11
« on: September 06, 2017, 01:15:59 PM »
   I have been using dx9 ver. regularly. I started using ver.11 yesterday and experimenting with my nvidea control panel settings for the dx11 ver. only.  Played in ver 11 for hours online with no problems (except for the pauses I hoped would be gone). Played awhile this morning in ver dx11 with no problem. I then tried to go back to dx9 ver.

In start menu, right click on AH DX9, run as admin and get white screen. Task manager shows dx9 not responding. Many attempts to start game but same result. Checked to see if dx11 would run and it runs normally. So I downloaded and installed game over old installation.  Result...dx9 wont load but dx11 will.

Any ideas? Not sure what to do now. I thought about uninstalling AH and starting all over. Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: DX9 won't load after playing DX11
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 01:28:36 PM »
Try starting the DX9 version right from the aceshigh9(.exe) file in the game folder. If that works, delete the icon and make a new one.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 01:39:37 PM »
   Thanks for responding Bizman.

I tried that before and again after your suggestion. It does not work.

Task manager shows this:
       Aces High III               Running
       Aces High(DX9)           Not Responding
       aceshigh9.exe             Running

I have to leave the house for a few hours and will check back here later. Thanks again Bizman.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 03:24:21 PM »
Do you happen to have two video cards in the computer?  The DX9 and DX11 versions are different applications.  If you told the video card to run as default for one, but not the other, then that might explain the results you are seeing.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 06:28:47 PM »
   Ok...I just tried dx9 ver again and again it would not load. So I reverted back to win7 Aero theme (had switched to win7 basic classic view after reading how Skuzzy sets up his rig) and dx9 loaded to title screen with the message "current ver is out of date". Ran the update and went online. Dx9 now working as it should.

I then went back to Win7 classic and dx9 would not load again. Went back to Aero and dx9 works. Weird.

Skuzzy, I only have one vid card in my rig (which I built from scratch) a GTX 1070.

Going back to flying again in dx9. Thanks guys.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 06:34:03 AM »
Very weird.  I have never run the Aero desktop and have never had that issue.

I find it even stranger you had to do another update when running the DX9 version, when both DX9 and DX11 are updated at the same time.  Sounds like there are two copies of the game on the computer and you ran the DX9 version from one installation and the DX11 from another installation.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:36:10 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 07:11:05 AM »
   Skuzzy.

Only one copy on my pc. My original post was with the patch 8 ver of game. Later yesterday, you updated game to patch 9. After getting back to my pc and reverting back to Aero that was when dx 9 loaded to title screen and I saw the patch update had occurred in the meantime.

Game seems okay now. I have been using Aero all along and only tried Classic desktop a couple days ago because I saw your post about the "gumbo of stutters etc".

Thanks Skuzzy. <S>