Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32034 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2017, 08:47:45 AM »
so at the end of the day, who's afraid of a M-3? apparently everyone!!

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2017, 10:00:26 AM »
 :old: M3's are my friend.
same old whine here. kill M3's so they can roll bases vulch airfield runways.
a lot of the people here that want to stop base resupply are the same ones who want to get rid of airfield 88's and nerf the 37mm auto ack, big surprise. it's funny because you cry it's hard to find a fight, a airfield gets deacked a plane tries to up and he/she gets pounced on by at the least 3 other planes hovering over the runway. that is not a fight, and while you are capping and vulching what are the rest of your country men doing RUNNING M3's to capture the base. have ANY of you ever asked your own country men how they feel about getting rid of the M3 base supply to defend their bases and towns. to me the overall objective of this game is to win bases to win the map, running supplies to a town to deny a base take. in real war troops, vehicles, aircraft are moved into a town to deny the enemy from taking that town correct, in real life your town/base gets attacked stuff-gets destroyed, damaged so you run supplies replace vehicles and replace casualties. almost same here except casualties nobody really dies here, and can reupp. like someone posted you want to stop base resupply kill the M3's running supplies camp the spawn if you have to. do a little work in the game and stop looking for easy kills, you all use the term clubbing baby seal (horrible expression by the way) the M3's are the baby seal of this game. oh and by the way I almost forgot, it's easier to find a actual fight or dual if you quit coming in at 20 to 25k trying to pick a plane instead actually fighting with it, you want a fight let the people get off the ground, you will get your fight. and most M3 resuppers are Gv guys they don't fly anyway. it's usally just 2 maybe 3 at the most running supps.

LEAVE THE M3'S ALONE
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:31:57 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2017, 10:11:02 AM »
Yes, the resupps can be a pain, but it does also provide an alternative task for those who prefer to be the strat saviours. :bolt:

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2017, 04:16:28 PM »
Why do we need M3s at all? Why do we need troops and resupply? Other slightly newer games have developed a mode called domination, which might work here, too. Simply create air superiority over a certain area, and that piece of land will change hands. If you prefer visual feedback, AI can bring troops, and AI can resupply. More flying for everyone, offence and defence.

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2017, 05:36:46 PM »
Other slightly newer games have developed a mode called domination, which might work here, too. Simply create air superiority over a certain area, and that piece of land will change hands.

Because every time you engaged in a fight it creates a chance your side's numbers would diminish and lose "superiority."  It would make horde flying without engagement a winning tactic.  That seems a bit counterproductive while also not considering the role of GVs in the game.

Imagine sneaking a CV inside the dar ring of a field, a mission launches and POOF the field is captured.  Seems more like Air Threaten-er than Air Warrior.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2017, 05:53:21 PM »
Get rid of ALL object resupply.

M3s should haul only troops and vehicle supplies and the actual vehicle repair/ rearm should take some time, maybe 30 seconds like a plane rearm.

That is all we need.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2017, 09:33:27 PM »
Get rid of ALL object resupply.

M3s should haul only troops and vehicle supplies and the actual vehicle repair/ rearm should take some time, maybe 30 seconds like a plane rearm.

That is all we need.
umm no.... If you do that you might as well perk the 190d, yak3 and ponyd since there is just as much whining about M3s as there are those planes
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2017, 03:37:21 AM »
I have not been happy with GVs in general since you weren't allowed to take a co pilot :old:

Having a squddie shooting for you was good :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2017, 12:08:10 PM »
+100
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2017, 12:33:21 PM »
Why all the debate?  With the system the way it is now, bases still get rolled and saved while maps are still won.  M3 resupply evens out the playing field.  Sometimes you just have to be a little more strategic when you are trying to capture a base. 

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2017, 05:56:11 AM »
Why all the debate?  With the system the way it is now, bases still get rolled and saved while maps are still won.  M3 resupply evens out the playing field.  Sometimes you just have to be a little more strategic when you are trying to capture a base. 

one-eye

Well posted.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2017, 06:33:06 AM »
I'd prefer it if bases were rolled and saved by players fighting each other, not by players hiding from other players while running supplies.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2017, 08:30:58 AM »

one-eye

Yes.

I would argue that there are times when M3 resupply creates MORE of a fight by extending the time a base capture is contested.  Horde attacks, bomb-and -bailers, sneaks by stealth TGs, and 1-pass WF bombers over fields that have been deacked for 2 hours are probably just as effective fight-killers as M3 resupply.

The biggest fight-killing aspect of M3 resupply is removing one or more players from combat for an extended time to resupply Strat that has been destroyed by a single bomber.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2017, 08:41:11 AM »
  Just my personal opinion here but I have no problem with the way resup works and frankly, some times I feel a lil pooped from work or what have you so I look for a base that needs fixed and go for a drive. Even that can be exciting at times, trying to get in while there are cons flitting this way and that over the field and town.    And OH MY GOSH! I also do this in a goon as well, in fact 2 times last night to a couple vulched fields and even managed to land one during a lul between the waves of vulchers.  Should we also nerf the C-47 as well because it's to effective? 
  In the end I feel that things are working as intended and there is plenty of fun to be had the way it is and has been.  Hitech and crew have made a wonderful game. Is it perfect? Probably not but it works well enough and I am thoroughly enjoying myself once again.

Heh, I'd almost forgotten how much fun these lil debates are. Thank you, it's been a while.    ;)   :salute 
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2017, 12:59:56 PM »
Anyone ever muse that the M3 as a re-supplier may have been a concession to the players who once asked for a player interactive supply system where they could drive a duce? Towards the end of AH2 the requests for an interactive supply system were growing. The M3 platform had a conversion that made it look like a duce with tracks minus the .50.

When you think about supply systems, the artery's and the conveyances were fragile. The conveyances could not supply the front reliably if the artery's were not in place. In our game the M3 is a dominant force because it can range across the landscape to protect itself. With the new trees, they can become invisible. In WW2 disrupting supply lines was possible because the supply vehicles had to follow known routes and not range across the landscape getting stuck. Instead they got ambushed stuck on the known routes.

Quite a conundrum for Hitech. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.