Author Topic: I'm new here, some questions, please  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: I'm new here, some questions, please
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 10:29:02 AM »
Melee Arena is for multiplayer, only, right ?

That's the main multiplayer arena about everyone (with a subscription) is playing in.
In custom arnas (no sub needed), you have all liberties whith the terrain.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »
I wish you could add some objects, buildings, trees, telegraph poles, etc
 :ahand

You can build an arena and submit it to HTC, if it meets their requirements, it goes into rotation.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 11:16:26 AM »
  There is also issues with playability. Some people have issues in certain terrains when near clouds. The more objects you put in the more that needs to be rendered by graphics cards and computers.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 11:30:09 AM »
The game comes with editors for players to generate content.

Object Editor:  Used to put together objects and tiles for use with the terrain editor.  If you want to create objects you will need to use a third party 3D editor/building tool.

Cloud Editor:  Used to build/assemble cloud patterns for terrains.  The file it creates can be used with any terrain you want to use in a custom arena.

Terrain Editor:  Used to create terrains which can be used in an arena.  You can build your own terrains and use them in your own arena, if you like.  Or you can submit the terrain for use in one of the HTC sponsored arenas.  Check with us before attempting to build a terrain for our arenas.  It will save you a lot of time as we have several rules for terrains.

Mission Editor:  Used to create AI filled missions (which can be filled by players joining the mission) and run in your own custom arena.  You can also submit them to the Mission forum for other to use/share.

You can use FMOD's tool to create custom sounds and share them in the forums (Custom Sounds).

You can use any decent paint program (Photoshop, Gimp,....) to create skins for the vehicles and aircraft in the game.  Check the Skin Admin page for some details on what is acceptable.  If you are playing the game through Steam, you will need to contact me about the login ID to use for this.

Hope that helps.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline F_Aces

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 09:16:58 PM »
Thanks a million, Skuzzy
I'll keep testing the game, before i make a decision
When i do play online, there is Melee Arena. Okay, and than ? There are some other maps. Which one is most " populated " ?
If i'd like, for example, to play with an WW l aircraft, could i choce any map i want ?
Sorry for asking so much, but i'm a bit confused
Thank you, again
Intel I7 4790K / 16 GB DDR3 / GA Z97X-UD5H / GTX 1080 / 4K Samsung UE55KS7500 / X56 Rhino /TrackIR 5/ Creative X7

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 09:32:36 PM »
Thanks a million, Skuzzy
I'll keep testing the game, before i make a decision
When i do play online, there is Melee Arena. Okay, and than ? There are some other maps. Which one is most " populated " ?
If i'd like, for example, to play with an WW l aircraft, could i choce any map i want ?
Sorry for asking so much, but i'm a bit confused
Thank you, again

If you are playing off line you can load any map and fly any plane, drive any vehicle/ship. If you are looking to play in the free arenas, WWI is setup for WWI planes only and is only populated at certain times. You can load your own free custom arena with a large numbers of maps that are available and can configure them how you want them.... any planes, heavy ack/lite ack and so on. If you are playing in the online subsription based arenas you are bound by the rules set by HTC.

Melee arena is a free for all setup with 3 teams. Special arenas for scenarios have other restrictions.... no icons or limited plane set and such due to which ever scenario they are trying to portray.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 09:35:56 PM »
Hi F Aces,
Don't worry about asking questions, that's what this part of the forum is for. :)

Open Melee is the most populated arena - it has few restrictions on what aircraft you can fly and as a result people tend to gravitate there.   The Open Melee arena is on a map rotation, part of the game involves a territory capture.  If that appeals to you then you can pitch in and help your team take enemy bases.  Once victory criteria is met the arena resets and a new map is loaded.  In a nutshell the Open Melee arena is a sandbox where you can pick and choose what you want to do, capture bases, dogfight or "furball", drive vehicles, etc.  Whatever you feel like doing.

The WW1 arena, as the name implies just has WW1 aircraft and unless something has changed recently is a dog-fighting arena, w/out any base capture options.  I believe there is a single map in the WW1 arena (again unless something changed since I was last in there).

Hope that helps, <S>.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2017, 01:25:37 AM »
Welcome to your NEW ADDICTION, sir! In my opinion, this game is the Cream of the Crop. I would suggest you take advantage of some time with a trainer. Yes, you may have played some other sims, this one however, comes with players who have been here for upwards to 20 years.  :eek:  You could learn it on your own, but we have folk dedicated to training new players so wise to take advantage of them. You will still get killed mercilessly... but at least time with our trainers will shorten the torture :x There are some great guys in this game, glad to have you! Enjoy, and keep in mind this, The only stupid question, is the one you dont ask! Hope to see/shoot you down, soon  :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2017, 01:42:02 AM »
F Aces, I would say this: Use your 2 weeks. I think it's ticking down when you first go online and choose a handle/gameID. Just go to the melee arena for now, but others include the ww1 and the free rooms if you want to play around. There are special events arenas and we have larger scenario events, we have weekly squadron-oriented events, and all that sort of thing. However, I think you should use your 2 weeks just getting the basics down and diving into the main melee arena as much as you can. That's where a lot of the fun takes place and a lot of the initial learning. In my opinion that'll help you get the most experience out of the game from a beginner's standpoint.

Offline F_Aces

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2017, 06:02:58 AM »
Thanks a million, guys
I'm using the Steam version. For Steam, i pay with PayPal.
Is that possible to pay with PayPal, for AH3, also ?
When i try to " create subscription " i have the message window " please wait, awaiting you to confirm Steam "  (  ??  ) and then " subscribed failed, could not finalize agreement "
Another question about the graphics : i know, it's a pretty old game, but, could the graphics ( terrain ) be improved, in the future ?
This game deserves more attention.
The cockpits look really nice, but the terrains needs to be improved, updated

LE : is the alt distance in feet ? I think so, but i'm not sure.
Can i change it to meters / km ?? :D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:09:30 AM by F_Aces »
Intel I7 4790K / 16 GB DDR3 / GA Z97X-UD5H / GTX 1080 / 4K Samsung UE55KS7500 / X56 Rhino /TrackIR 5/ Creative X7

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2017, 06:21:05 AM »
You can play the game directly.  You do not need to go through Steam.  However, you cannot use your Steam account if you play directly, so you will need to make another account.

Yes, we accept Paypal.  Send the Paypal payment to billing@hitechcreation.com.

The terrain resolution is a trade-off. In order to have a world up to 512x512 miles, something has to give in terms of resources or very few people could play it.  Also note, the view distance in the game is 17 miles.  Most other games have very small distances and along with much smaller terrains.

Yes, the all the game measurements are in U.S. units (inches, feet, miles...).  There is no provision for metric.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline F_Aces

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2017, 06:56:46 AM »
I'm pretty busy at the moment, but when I have some free time, I'll check some tutorials about creating, adding new stuff, to a map ( offline player)
U. S. units are a challenge for me, but I'll get used to
Thank you, again.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2017, 07:12:38 AM »
Welcome to Aces High Ace! :salute

If you are looking for a wingman or just some one who helps you out ingame with questions you may alway's  PM me or add me on steam.

I hope you will enjoy your time here.

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2017, 07:40:24 AM »
Hya F_Aces and welcome to Aces High!

After playing for more than 15 years, I would like to add that i'm still have the pleasure of learning different corners of the game everyday. So, don't be overwhelmed if you think you have a lot things to learn. You'll never get bored here. You'll have the chance to PLAy and the chance of learning something new every day, day after day, month after month....

And..that's a lot of fun  :)

Cya in the skies! 
" I personally led the attack to A1" - Pipz

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
WeLcOmE!