Author Topic: Been considering a big change.  (Read 10179 times)

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
Re: Been considering a big change.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2017, 07:19:24 PM »
I been away awhile, but getting the itch again, hence I trolled site again.

HiTech I use the rift, I would turn off all other displays once in game. I did this because the refresh rate on my display was only 60Hz, the rift is 90Hz and I perceived an extra flickering with the conflict. I made sure the vid card was only dealing with 1 device, it helped.
for what its worth.

:salute

Humm, I have 3 27" screens, I'll have try that

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2017, 09:09:16 PM »
As in the Mirror Screen when in Vr, that would look more normal in Shadow Play game recordings? +1,0000...well its a YES,hope so :pray

No I mean film you can watch in VR. I think it might encourage new VR users to see what experienced players can do. Seeing it in VR is better than watching desktop film.

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2017, 09:34:02 PM »
Ahh ok 

Edit* never mind, misunderstood :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:37:17 PM by SJ001 »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2017, 08:09:28 AM »
No I mean film you can watch in VR. I think it might encourage new VR users to see what experienced players can do. Seeing it in VR is better than watching desktop film.
That would be OK as well!  :aok I would settle for the normal size of Mirror, so Shadow Play recordings didnt look so goofy :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2017, 11:09:26 AM »
This was way easier then I expected it to be.

HiTech

So does that mean it's done?
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2017, 02:26:07 PM »
So does that mean it's done?

The switch yes, along with no hands option and a  no mirror option cursor comes back when remove head set for window sizing.

Finalizing things like AH windows placement on switch. I believe all I have left is the sound config reload.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2017, 06:08:38 PM »
That will help my typing.  :D

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2017, 12:35:08 AM »
Glad it turned out to be an easy addition/preference to code

I am glad you decided to add the option

Now, just have to wait until the new year for Dad's insurance to start over, since he's hit the dreaded donut hole and just one of his 14 prescriptions jumped from $47.00 a month to over $379.00+ a month...same kind of deal for the other 13 medications, ....

I had put a price drop alert for the Oculus Rift set at under $400.00 about a month before it actually dropped,  but Dad's insurance donut hole kicked in just 2 days before they dropped the price and I had to use the money I had been saving to buy the Rift, for Dad's situation...

Hope they are on sale this coming January...

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2017, 11:45:49 AM »
Maybe I am misunderstanding this feature a bit. 

I was under the assumption that when you pop off the VR headset, you will have Aces High III running in front of you, full screen and flat, as it was prior to playing with VR.  Is this the case?  Because currently, I only see a warped version on windowed Aces High, with warped chat logs and everything looking funky as it is intended to be viewed through VR in 3D. 
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2017, 01:46:33 PM »
My understanding is you take the headset off, you're flying in desktop mode, put the headset back on, you're flying in VR mode.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2017, 04:56:46 PM »

I was under the assumption that when you pop off the VR headset, you will have Aces High III running in front of you, full screen and flat, as it was prior to playing with VR.  Is this the case?  Because currently, I only see a warped version on windowed Aces High, with warped chat logs and everything looking funky as it is intended to be viewed through VR in 3D.
Thats the WINDOW problem I was referring to,with recording on Shadowplay. Its odd looking. I am with FLS, hope it is going to be normal window like AH3 2d :pray
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2017, 05:13:39 PM »
My understanding is you take the headset off, you're flying in desktop mode, put the headset back on, you're flying in VR mode.

Correct.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2017, 06:02:25 PM »

I don't think it's been implemented yet...was there a patch notes post about it being live, that I missed?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2017, 07:07:18 PM »
Thats the WINDOW problem I was referring to,with recording on Shadowplay. Its odd looking. I am with FLS, hope it is going to be normal window like AH3 2d :pray

I assume Shadowplay will show the same one eye window it does now when in VR mode and it will show the regular desktop video when you take the headset off.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2017, 09:37:59 AM »
I don't think it's been implemented yet...was there a patch notes post about it being live, that I missed?

No it isn't in yet, Hitech is still working on it but it is close.

The switch yes, along with no hands option and a  no mirror option cursor comes back when remove head set for window sizing.

Finalizing things like AH windows placement on switch. I believe all I have left is the sound config reload.

HiTech