Author Topic: Lighting issues  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
Re: Lighting issues
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 02:34:54 AM »
The thing is that if you keep the clipboard open you get that vr mouse dot in the center of the screen which is very distracting. It's not the shadows. It's the not rendering of haze in the left eye.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel mit Tapatalk

Real men fly Radial!

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »
I am in the same boat.. this is still screwed up.. Any fix yall found yet?

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 07:06:53 AM »
Am seeing this as well. Running an oculus rift on a intel 7700K with a 1070 card. Also, when I move my head left or right, it pulls the whole cockpit towards me. very distracting had to move my seat position forward. This just started happening along with this clipboard/lighting thing.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
Am seeing this as well. Running an oculus rift on a intel 7700K with a 1070 card. Also, when I move my head left or right, it pulls the whole cockpit towards me. very distracting had to move my seat position forward. This just started happening along with this clipboard/lighting thing.
Infidelz, the cockpit moving sounds like a sensor issue. Mine will do that if my lamp shade gets in way of rift sensor. If not blocked check the "power plan" for USB it plugs in to. This also happens if you have sensors and rift set up in "Safe Zone", where it maps out your sensor gameplay area. Had reset the height as my Bro-in law is 20 ft tall, then next day sit down for AH and hat to reset the safe play zone. :aok
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 04:22:52 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 05:26:52 PM »
thanks i will check those. I had a helmet sensor issue that resolved itself when i was away so maybe that is part of it.

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2017, 02:59:34 AM »
HT, Skuzzy - any news from your side on the issue? While not a show-stopper it's a distracting bug and it might put first time VR users off...

Kirin out
Real men fly Radial!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2017, 03:17:55 AM »
Flying in VR in WW1 today I noticed the bug when I logged in but after a few flights it no longer happened.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2017, 06:39:59 AM »
I saw this last night with Rift. With clipboard down a white band in the left eye across the horizon. Interesting clue is that if one of my squad mates called on the vox, as long as his id was on the screen the band went away and view was normal. Once he stopped transmitting the band came back. It also happened when a nonsquad member called on range.

There is definitely a bug but my squad mates did not report the problem?

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2017, 08:51:36 AM »
Interesting clue is that if one of my squad mates called on the vox, as long as his id was on the screen the band went away and view was normal. Once he stopped transmitting the band came back. It also happened when a nonsquad member called on range.

Can confirm. As long as someone is transmitting on a voice channel the haze is rendered normally.
Real men fly Radial!

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2017, 11:17:25 AM »
rebooting fixed the cockpit movement. The rendering is quite apparent when you log in. It sometimes goes away like in a dive, but someone may have been transmitting.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »
I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers and retested this afternoon. Problem still there and very repeatable. HiTech have you been able to recreate? If not, what do we need to give you to help find the bug. My squad mate with a rift doesn't see it but he is using two 980s and I have a Titan X (pascal).
Only a few people have reported it so there must be something we have in common?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2017, 03:08:02 PM »
In another post, on same subject,thing was "BUGS" thread? Hitech was telling FLS that turning off HUD would help till next patch! Yes here it is http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,388859.0.html
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:09:48 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2017, 04:38:35 AM »
Last patch solved the issue.

Thx a lot!  :salute
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn