Author Topic: Aces High Conventions  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Aces High Conventions
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 08:32:18 AM »
There used to be quite a few Con pics posted to the boards...O'Club or GD...can't recall which. Highly unlikely they're still being hosted and even so, finding them is way beyond my search capabilities.  :frown:

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 03:42:46 PM »
That's a damn lie, after dogfighting fighters into the ground we release supplies over the town because we forgot to load troops!

QFT.....Seen that a few times in my AH life lol.

Flossy , did you take pictures in 03 lol..... or were you too busy using my pc ! haha <S>
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:44:46 PM by 38ruk »

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2017, 05:58:39 AM »
There used to be quite a few Con pics posted to the boards...O'Club or GD...can't recall which. Highly unlikely they're still being hosted and even so, finding them is way beyond my search capabilities.  :frown:
No, a lot of pics  (including many of mine) disappeared when attachments were no longer allowed and they had to be linked from an external picture-hosting site.   Some threads still exist with text only.  :(

Flossy , did you take pictures in 03 lol..... or were you too busy using my pc ! haha <S>
Ooops sorry if I hogged your pc!   :o   Yes, I'm pretty sure I took lots of pictures, especially ones on the journey between New York and Indianapolis, and I definitely remember going around trying to get photos of everyone there.  Unfortunately, I only have a few vague memories of them now.  I never did receive the promised pack of cards Jordi made with my pic as Queen of Hearts LOL.  One of the most important events of my life and nothing to show for it.    :cry
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2017, 12:00:48 PM »
3..Shift was me wingman to the end🎲..we lost last round vs eagl &Drex (2 f15 USA pilots) in last round affer Shift shot down eagle. .I diverted merge on that one to pull off Drex..it worked..final round tried it again  ..it didn't. ..15 yr old SHIFT went on to be a RAF Harrier CV pilot 😊

The last round was Spit  mk1 (chosen by Shift)  ......which was then postponed to the Sunday so Drex and Eagle could practice..........

FWIW  "Shift" made Captain last week........... actually he flies RAF Voyager....... we got rid of our Harriers some years ago
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:03:17 PM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2017, 07:32:18 PM »
I remember most of the '06 con .... to a point. I think it was '06. Met Slash at that one. It was kinda like my first experience at the E Club at A school. Lots of buddies drinking lots of different stuff with extra to pour in me. Good times. No pics (from me) .... but I remember someone posting pics on the forum. I think that incriminating evidence disappeared long ago (but the statute of limitations has surely expired by now).

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2017, 01:04:30 AM »
I posted the pics from the AH2006 convention.  Yes Arlo, you were in them.  I just looked back through some old back-ups and found them.  Anyone know a good free program for hosting so I could post pictures?  All of a sudden photobucket wants money because I posted some images on this forum.
"One-Eye"

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2017, 01:29:18 AM »
   Yes, I'm pretty sure I took lots of pictures, especially ones on the journey between New York and Indianapolis, and I definitely remember going around trying to get photos of everyone there.  Unfortunately, I only have a few vague memories of them now.  I never did receive the promised pack of cards Jordi made with my pic as Queen of Hearts LOL.  One of the most important events of my life and nothing to show for it.    :cry

Flossy, I'll try to find those pictures from the AW Indianapolis Con in my old back-ups.
"One-Eye"

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2017, 06:08:45 AM »
Flossy, I'll try to find those pictures from the AW Indianapolis Con in my old back-ups.

Oh that would be great if you could 1ijac!  I don't understand what's happened to mine, I'm usually so careful with photos.  :salute
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2017, 07:31:13 AM »
I posted the pics from the AH2006 convention.  Yes Arlo, you were in them.  I just looked back through some old back-ups and found them.  Anyone know a good free program for hosting so I could post pictures?  All of a sudden photobucket wants money because I posted some images on this forum.

Imgur.com  :cool:

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2017, 05:56:09 PM »
That 2003 Convention was a real blast, had a lot of fun and met some really great people.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2017, 09:51:46 PM »
Ooops sorry if I hogged your pc!   :o   Yes, I'm pretty sure I took lots of pictures, especially ones on the journey between New York and Indianapolis, and I definitely remember going around trying to get photos of everyone there.  Unfortunately, I only have a few vague memories of them now.  I never did receive the promised pack of cards Jordi made with my pic as Queen of Hearts LOL.  One of the most important events of my life and nothing to show for it.    :cry

Naaa .... you didnt hog it lol .  Im glad someone used it after lugging it from ny to indy lol.  I dont think i flew more than a couple hours at the con , i was either drinking or recovering from drinking lol

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2017, 05:36:04 AM »
Naaa .... you didnt hog it lol .  Im glad someone used it after lugging it from ny to indy lol.  I dont think i flew more than a couple hours at the con , i was either drinking or recovering from drinking lol
Ah good.  :)  I think I was mostly keeping an eye on the Special Events forums and any PMs/emails associated with my role at the time.  :aok
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2017, 06:00:57 AM »
I was only 11 or 12 at the time, and I wish I hadn't missed them and had voiced my interest with my father. I am sure he would have enjoyed attending too (though I doubt my mother would have allowed us to go).

I found some photos from the conventions in the O'Club a year ago, but more recently when searching using keywords to find the forum posts via google or just right in the forum search bar, I have not been able to find any of them now. I still check every so often.

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2017, 07:57:29 PM »

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2017, 09:14:24 PM »
:banana: What happened to them ? I blame AL gore for this inconvenience. .when is  next oNE her sanchez/ammo cheata'z 💏 ?

Sore loser syndrome and not enough alcohol for you
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011