Author Topic: 2 major Issues with new patch  (Read 687 times)

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
2 major Issues with new patch
« on: September 07, 2017, 08:26:38 AM »
I like the new changes because I can now take off my headset on the bomb run, calibrate, line up, zoom, all that fun stuff.  Then put it back on to fly home.  I am currently experiencing two issues though:

1.)  Every couple minutes or so a giant hourglass appears in VR as if something is trying to load in the background.  The game stutters briefly, my peripherals are black, I see the white hourglass floating around, and then it disappears.  I don't know if this is the game or Oculus home checking to see if my headset is on every couple minutes?  Have never seen this in the several years of playing Aces High and never in VR.

2.)  When going from VR to desktop mode, the colors are off, everything looks distorted, and worst of all - I cannot see bomb-sight calibration information at all.  All of that Red/Yellow text in the upper left is completely gone when in calibration.  Any thoughts?
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: 2 major Issues with new patch
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 09:13:26 AM »
I like the new changes because I can now take off my headset on the bomb run, calibrate, line up, zoom, all that fun stuff.  Then put it back on to fly home.  I am currently experiencing two issues though:

1.)  Every couple minutes or so a giant hourglass appears in VR as if something is trying to load in the background.  The game stutters briefly, my peripherals are black, I see the white hourglass floating around, and then it disappears.  I don't know if this is the game or Oculus home checking to see if my headset is on every couple minutes?  Have never seen this in the several years of playing Aces High and never in VR.

2.)  When going from VR to desktop mode, the colors are off, everything looks distorted, and worst of all - I cannot see bomb-sight calibration information at all.  All of that Red/Yellow text in the upper left is completely gone when in calibration.  Any thoughts?
Same for me.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
Re: 2 major Issues with new patch
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 11:05:31 PM »
Also, my graphics settings keep being reset when i put the headset back on, and when i log in, im greeted with the videos and extra clipboard like a noob.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"