Author Topic: hey guys  (Read 759 times)

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
hey guys
« on: September 10, 2017, 02:55:38 PM »
New Vive user here and looking to play this game with it.. Can I get a 'all you need' list so that I may accomplish this? I'd like to have a full vive screen look and not use a virtual bigscreen setup for this.. What do I need?

Thanks!
- TWBYDHAS

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: hey guys
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 04:06:50 PM »
Start the DX11 version of Aces High III. When it asks if you want to use the HTC Vive click yes. Have fun.

Your VR control settings are saved separately from your desktop settings.

Select your headset and mic in sound options.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »
o
m
g

thats pretty amaze balls
- TWBYDHAS

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 08:38:15 PM »
game looks amazing but at low res.. is that just a VR thing? Can i set a higher res or does it just do it.. i know its 1080x1200/eye but jus want to be sure its set at that. My monitor is a 4k so should i set the game resolution to 4k?
- TWBYDHAS

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 08:45:36 PM »
It just looks low res because the screens are magnified. It's the price we pay for decent FPS. It's like normal res on a giant screen with big pixels.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 08:58:31 PM »
game looks amazing but at low res.. is that just a VR thing? Can i set a higher res or does it just do it.. i know its 1080x1200/eye but jus want to be sure its set at that. My monitor is a 4k so should i set the game resolution to 4k?

If it looks blurry, try turning off anti-aliasing.  Do it on the video card control panel too.  I run absolutely No AA for aces high whatsoever and it makes it crisper and less blurry.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 07:04:02 AM »

Not exactly sure what Vive has for supersampling but i'd play with that and your graphics settings/card settings and see what you can come up with to make it look best.  I really just know zero about Vive. But like FLS says, that's the way it looks at this time.

Folks who have Vive will hopefully pop in with some settings recommendations.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.