Author Topic: saved head positions  (Read 2050 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: saved head positions
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 09:06:55 AM »
It's not like TIR. ...

This is incorrect. I haven't used TIR in a year and remembered the older method.

You don't have to pause TIR to adjust it since the beta so TIR and VR can both be adjusted on the fly.

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 10:03:10 AM »
It's not like TIR. You don't need to pause VR, but as an option you can still take the headset off and adjust the position with your keyboard.

Using this method works best for me, it's much easier to make small adjustments using the monitor.
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 12:19:27 PM »
Would it be OK with you if older players and those with disabilities use rear views with VR?

This is true.  Yes, I would be okay with that.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 12:41:46 PM »
 :aok

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 03:57:58 PM »
It's not like TIR. You don't need to pause VR, but as an option you can still take the headset off and adjust the position with your keyboard.

Creative use of recenter helps with big adjustments.

Kanth described the method we've recommended since the beta.
My "Removed Headset" changes in head position, dont carry over in VR. Well, thats not exactly the issue. I have to readjust because of the BINOCULAR effect of VR. I go back to "headset on" and most of my cockpit head positions tend to shade more to an"Left eye" center on gunsight. Which messes up my Right eye dominate brain :cheers: Pausing the Tracker makes it easier for me to make those Macr head changes(just for default look through gunsight and fly position). All othe view head  position changes are still done in way Kanth and you referred too :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 04:30:50 PM »
Have you tried moving your head opposite your intent then recentering then sitting normally? I have recenter mapped to my throttle and it's a quick way to make small adjustments.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 03:20:37 PM »
Yes! The issue I had was only in SOME cockpits. It was more out of frustration, as some plane cockpits were not centering as well as I wanted. Wish I could remember exactly which planes it was. I know the Ki61 and A6m were 2, think just because the gun sight sits OFF CENTER a bit? Its just an alternative route to adjust head/body position. You are correct though, if they can get it to work as you described, its MUCH SIMPLER  :rock I am just WAY picky, I still constantly adjust adjust settings,was worse with TIR :cheers: I still mess around off line in TIR, just to stay fresh with it. Still adjusting it too :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 03:27:05 PM »
I believe the models with off center gunsights are historical so the default head position is offset relative to the cockpit. It seems more noticeable in VR.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 03:33:24 PM »
Yes! For a picky player it was a mess :O Hard to get it dialed in like I wanted. One of those, "There are multiple ways to re set position." " so why aint this working?"deals BUT...I got it now :banana: