Author Topic: When entering an arena, the system now tries to place you at..."  (Read 4405 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: When entering an arena, the system now tries to place you at..."
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 10:18:03 AM »
Why login and instantly hit a runway button? Not looking at the map at all?

SA (Situational Awareness) always starts as soon as one clicks an Arena to log in to!  :old:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 11:11:45 AM »
I really like this new feature btw, thanks  :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 07:44:31 PM »

Nope.  Well, maybe sometimes.

- oldman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 08:52:57 PM »

When I play Spades or Hearts I love going Blind Nil-O.   :banana:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 04:28:51 PM »
That has pluses and minuses.   I often move to a field where there is no action because it is so loud in the tower with engines and stuff.    Not a bad change overall though.

Thats what happens to us old folks,   we want peace and quiet, so we come to ah to play, oldfolk games.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
 :x :x :x :x :x :x
 :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:old: :furious :old:
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 04:47:41 PM »
One day, I hate to say, the kiddos may look at AH and comment, "They don't make them like they used to." Then they'll probably try ... just to find out it was more than a business model or coding that made it worthwhile. In the meantime, we're being infiltrated by spoilers that 'know the game better' than everyone else .... or think they do.

Carry on
And play
Like the kiddos
Might learn someday

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 10:53:59 AM »
Nope.  Well, maybe sometimes.

- oldman

You old guys need help finding your way around sometimes.  :rofl

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 11:25:04 AM »
One day, I hate to say, the kiddos may look at AH and comment, "They don't make them like they used to." Then they'll probably try ... just to find out it was more than a business model or coding that made it worthwhile. In the meantime, we're being infiltrated by spoilers that 'know the game better' than everyone else .... or think they do.

Carry on
And play
Like the kiddos
Might learn someday

The problem is so many ideas seem to be to make it more like other games.  I don't understand this.

It's like people watching a game of basketball and going, "You know what would really make this game better?  Full contact."  Now while it would entertain the hell out of me to watch Aussie Rules Basketball for a while, it's not the same game at that point, and likely isn't going to retain the current fanbase all that well.

Lately, I've fallen into PUBG hard for whatever reason.  It doesn't mean I want AH to become anything like that game, because different games scratch different itches for me.  I just don't understand why people want every game to be everything to everyone.  It seems to me like a lot of people want to log into Entertainment Game(tm) which will have available whatever kind of gameplay they're looking for at that moment whether it's FPS, Flight Sim, RTS, CCG, tiddlywinks, or hockey.

It seems like for some reason people don't think it's ok to play different games for different reasons.

In between FSOs and scenarios, the way the MA plays at its best is how I want to play AH.  It's fun, it has the pace it has, and you never quite know what you're going to get.  For me the MA is practice for the events.  At prime time it fulfills that role for me reasonably well.  Outside of that time, I look and if there's nothing going on, I find something else to do.

A lot of people seem to want this to be like WT or WWIIOL.  If they want that gameplay so badly, why aren't they playing those games instead?

Rounds based gaming has its place, but for me, there's nothing like open world multiplayer PVP.  This is one of a very few games that involve vehicles that has this.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 11:33:41 AM »
There are 50 people logged in right now.

Earlier a few hours was 30.

Someone care to explain why?

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 11:57:38 AM »

When a player launches the game and selects "Online Arenas" and "Melee Arena", they will be logged in to that arena and shown in the number of players online.  Glad to help.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 11:58:16 AM »

Jobs

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 12:03:29 PM »

A whine has been recorded.

I don't see you fighting more that 2 at a time...You should be able to find plenty of fights...Or gvs to bomb  :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 01:54:52 PM »

Because at the time you saw 30 people online playing, it was right around  2 to 4 PM +/- over in Europe area and it was 7 to 9 am here in the continental US...meaning both areas of the world were mostly working real life jobs or attending school/college

At the time you said the number of people online playing was 50, it is 5 to 7 +/- PM in the European area and players are getting off work and home to log on to fly/play.....and it is 12 to 3 PM here in the states and US players are either taking lunch or are back to work finishing out the work day....

Did you seriously need that explained to you.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 02:02:27 PM »
At the time you said the number of people online playing was 50, it is 5 to 7 +/- PM in the European area and players are getting off work and home to log on to fly/play.....and it is 12 to 3 PM here in the states and US players are either taking lunch or are back to work finishing out the work day...[...]

And all that was true before, when we had 100, 150, 300 and more players in the MA at this very time we are having ~75 right now.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2017, 02:14:43 PM »
I was not comparing  numbers, from previous 2008 to current....

Just trying to give him answer