Author Topic: Range Vox from tower?  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
Range Vox from tower?
« on: September 14, 2017, 01:36:36 AM »
Hi All,

A squaddie noted tonight that when he logged in he was put at the busiest airfield for our country which was fine. However, he was immediately blasted with comms going on from the mass players in the nearby area / range while he was sitting in the TOWER. The players that were speaking on range vox were NOT in the tower but on the outside / airfield defending. He had to immediately find a quiet field to go to so he could talk to our squaddies after just logging on.

Was this change also intentional as it was not mentioned in the patch notes and some seemed rather annoyed with this change.

Cheers,
Elec1

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Range Vox from tower?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 02:13:36 AM »
Was this change also intentional as it was not mentioned in the patch notes

Was mentioned in my patch notes. (AH Folder, "changes")
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 06:12:02 AM »
... and some seemed rather annoyed with this change.

And some love this because you can be a spotter for gv-s at the base by using external view when in tower.  :aok
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 10:03:09 AM »
Does this also mean now that Ship gunners, or in bomber gunners radio chat will also be heard on range by others in range? Previously they did not but the same thought process could be applied here...

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 02:31:57 PM »
Does this also mean now that Ship gunners, or in bomber gunners radio chat will also be heard on range by others in range? Previously they did not but the same thought process could be applied here...
I believe they will, but I have not tested it.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 03:29:28 PM »
And some love this because you can be a spotter for gv-s at the base by using external view when in tower.  :aok

That will save them tuning to the same channel.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 03:49:36 PM »
That will save them tuning to the same channel.
EH,true FLS. To me though, its more imperative to get "THEM" on a tuned channel. Vox was a bit crowded last evening. It is better though. Have some with no mike,or from another field that you would have to type out messages AND choose the right channel, Cause of more than a few Text While Flying deaths. Not that I am complaining, typing IS easier than Morse Code and smoke signals :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »
8. When entering an arena, the system now tries to place you at the busiest airfield

What is "busiest airfield"?      Is it one with lots of friendly aircraft/ tanks/aircraft carrier are at or one with friendly and many more enemy aircraft/tanks/Aircraft carrier ?   Also is there any way other then the overall volume to turn down radio chatter on just the Range channel?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 02:05:03 PM »
Well I can confirm one thing that now when in the CV / BB ship guns you can talk on range and others hear it. This also works when you are in manned guns on a field with range. Have not tried from the gunner position in a bomber but I suspect it will also work the same.

The one problem with being started at the busiest airfield and hearing all of the vox on local range is you immediately need to change to another airbase somewhere in order to talk to your squadmates. There is just too much chatter and you cannot even start a conversation without all the excessive comms.

Overall I like the changes except for that 1 piece.

Cheers!
Elec1