Author Topic: Not Worth Logging on in the Morning  (Read 9239 times)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Not Worth Logging on in the Morning
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2017, 04:06:55 PM »
You don't see these often because they're cack..

It's never the plane, it's always the pilot  :old:

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2017, 05:27:08 PM »
Because people today want more realism in the ww2 flight sim and not 'fantasy'

Then perhaps you should abandon the notion that players should be forced to work their way up the aeroplane food chain.  There is nothing at all realistic or historic about matching I-16s against Tempests.  Your plan would still have them flying in the same arena at the same time. 

The only way to make early- and mid-war airplane combat "realistic" is to place those planes in arenas which exclude planes from other historical time frames.  We had this for several years, with Early War, Mid-War and Late-War arenas.  Over time, players moved to the Late War arena, and the other two wasted away.  This preference is not something that you can change, or that would be wise to change.

- oldman (who can't believe that he's fallen victim to the troll)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2017, 09:10:19 PM »

Then perhaps you should abandon the notion that players should be forced to work their way up the aeroplane food chain.  There is nothing at all realistic or historic about matching I-16s against Tempests.  Your plan would still have them flying in the same arena at the same time. 

The only way to make early- and mid-war airplane combat "realistic" is to place those planes in arenas which exclude planes from other historical time frames.  We had this for several years, with Early War, Mid-War and Late-War arenas.  Over time, players moved to the Late War arena, and the other two wasted away.  This preference is not something that you can change, or that would be wise to change.

- oldman (who can't believe that he's fallen victim to the troll)

They wasted away because the map in EW and MW were incredibly too big and bases too far, if you have 8-30 players in a room, a very smaller but exciting map will go a long way to boost action. 5 bases on each side inside a 2-6 square radius. The EW MW planes would be a lot of fun with that.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2017, 10:44:42 PM »
I'm sorry guys if I had any idea nugetx was gonna jump my thread and stuff, I never would have opened it.

NUGETX WHAT YOUR POSTING HAS NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO WITH WHAT I POSTED ABOUT. SO LEAVE NOW AND DO NOT POST ANY MORE OF YOU R DUMB IDEAS..

I ask hitech or Skuzzy to lock this thread please.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2017, 11:06:56 PM »

So you want to change the plane usage? You're just annoying now.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2017, 12:34:13 AM »
So you want to change the plane usage? You're just annoying now.

I thought that it is obvious from the start that the point of perking planes is to have all planes used by all the players.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2017, 12:37:59 AM »
I'm sorry guys if I had any idea nugetx was gonna jump my thread and stuff, I never would have opened it.

NUGETX WHAT YOUR POSTING HAS NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO WITH WHAT I POSTED ABOUT. SO LEAVE NOW AND DO NOT POST ANY MORE OF YOU R DUMB IDEAS..

I ask hitech or Skuzzy to lock this thread please.
NAH! Lunatic, your just CRAZY! We all know that, all good Brother  :rock Could Nugetx be an EX wife or girlfriend? Just saying, sort of busting your chops like one :ahand
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2017, 12:41:06 AM »
I thought that it is obvious from the start that the point of perking planes is to have all planes used by all the players.

That's actually never been the point (it may be a side-effect). The point, as backed up by management, has been to encourage side balance.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2017, 12:41:44 AM »

You must be wet behind the ears to really believe that. If that was the case no nation would have poured huge resources into replacing their aircraft. The Americans would have just better trained their Wildcat pilots instead of developing the Helllcat. For example. What a steaming pile of Hotspur.

It is a symbiotic combination of person and machine (virtual or otherwise). Ayrton Senna would not have outqualified anyone at Monarco driving a Fiat 500. Think it through noob!  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2017, 12:42:26 AM »
That's actually never been the point (it may be a side-effect). The point, as backed up by management, has been to encourage side balance.

Side balance  would be 2 sides,   so it's not 38 vs 12 vs 18      but   35 vs 35.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2017, 12:43:52 AM »
Side balance  would be 2 sides,   so it's not 38 vs 12 vs 18      but   35 vs 35.

You don't understand a 3-bladed prop, do you?  :D

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2017, 12:44:31 AM »
You must be wet behind the ears to really believe that. If that was the case no nation would have poured huge resources into replacing their aircraft. The Americans would have just better trained their Wildcat pilots instead of developing the Helllcat. For example. What a steaming pile of Hotspur.

It is a symbiotic combination of person and machine (virtual or otherwise). Ayrton Senna would not have outqualified anyone at Monarco driving a Fiat 500. Think it through noob!  :old:

Sure in real life, but this is a game.

You can dive your i16 from 20,000 feet crash into the ground and not worry about anything, I doubt you would do that in real life.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2017, 12:45:05 AM »
You don't understand a 3-bladed prop, do you?  :D

I'm a 2-blade prop guy myself  ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2017, 12:46:32 AM »
I'm a 2-blade prop guy myself  ;)

Obviously. WWI arena is free.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2017, 12:59:28 AM »
Sure in real life, but this is a game.

You can dive your i16 from 20,000 feet crash into the ground and not worry about anything,

Totally irrelevant non-sequitur. And I think you know this:-

Quote from: nugetx on September 07, 2017, 10:11:45 PM
Think about how fun it is to fight a 262 in a spit 1 for the pilot in spit 1.

This statement implies YOU think fun emerges from a more even match of planes, YOU have recently been campaigning to perk planes by generation and yet now YOU are stating any plane can be taken on in any plane. You even contradict yourself. Again.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234