Author Topic: A few things......Nugetx, side balance, player numbers, perks  (Read 4592 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: A few things......Nugetx, side balance, player numbers, perks
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2017, 07:13:51 PM »
Not a pleonasm. Not even close. Let's just call it the same old crap. We can all agree with that.

We've already proven in another thread you don't know the definition of the word.  So yeah. 

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,389029.msg5169830.html#msg5169830

I'm done responding to you.  Your intention is to bait not to honestly debate/discuss issues.   I don't want any more Rule #4s.   Enjoy the last word.  (Sorry about your dad.  Looks like he led quite the life.)  I'm out.

*Ignore Listed Until Further Notice*
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:56:53 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2017, 07:46:11 PM »
I see the definition with my eyes.   :aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »
Why can't we all be friends?

- oldman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2017, 10:17:23 PM »

- oldman

+1
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2017, 12:33:40 AM »
Hyperbole - noun, Rhetoric.
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally. Shoot.  I'd be gone faster than a sneeze.

Definition of pleonasm

1 :the use of more words than those necessary to denote mere sense (as in the man he said) :redundancy

Pleonasm, which stems via Late Latin from the Greek verb pleonazein ("to be excessive"), is a fancy word for "redundancy." It's related to our words "plus" and "plenty," and ultimately it goes back to the Greek word for "more," which is "pleōn." Pleonasm is commonly considered a fault of style, but it can also serve a useful function. "Extra" words can sometimes be helpful to a speaker or writer in getting a message across, adding emphasis, or simply adding an appealing sound and rhythm to a phrase - as, for example, with the pleonasm "I saw it with my own eyes!"

:ahand

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2017, 01:11:53 AM »

- oldman

Because some folks don't want to see the 'greater whole' and what in general would be better for everyone  and all they see is 'me me me'       

'my favourite ride' 'my favourite ride'

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2017, 06:57:06 AM »
Games dying, yet when someone presents ideas, y'all shoot whoever it is down saying it just won't work! Stubborn for changes I reckon. Might as well just ride this thing out til it's over I guess.

Steam brought several new accounts why did nearly none stay? Gameplay and $$. I asked a few steam guys about the game. They loved the game. Hated 15$ a month and felt cheated when the game was advertised as Free to play. It has a few arenas that are free but I don't think it's fair to say this games fully free to play.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2017, 09:00:00 AM »
Steam brought several new accounts why did nearly none stay? Gameplay and $$. I asked a few steam guys about the game. They loved the game. Hated 15$ a month and felt cheated when the game was advertised as Free to play. It has a few arenas that are free but I don't think it's fair to say this games fully free to play.

Yes, does seem like a classic "free sample".  I can see why potential customers would have a negative reaction when they learn that the "free" game is mostly non-existent.  Not saying that the $15 is too much, or what it should be, but I'd be turned off when I found out what "free to play" really means.  Personally, as a potential customer I'd feel better checking out a "pay to play" game and finding out that I could play a limited subset for free.

edited on advice of counsel.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:15:44 AM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2017, 09:22:06 AM »
Because some folks don't want to see the 'greater whole' and what in general would be better for everyone  and all they see is 'me me me'       

Some folks just have one idea that they keep pushing on people who aren't interested. They want to impose their idea on other people "for their own good". The implication being that they are superior to the people only they, and those that agree with them, can help. This lets them feel special, with any actual accomplishment, which is why they can't stop annoying people.  HTC can stop them on the BBS when they think it's required. The rest of us can just ignore them.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2017, 09:38:45 AM »
Yes, does seem like a classic "bait and switch".  I can see why potential customers would have a negative reaction when they learn that the "free" game is mostly non-existent.  Not saying that the $15 is too much, or what it should be, but I'd be turned off when I found out what "free to play" really means.  Personally, as a potential customer I'd feel better checking out a "pay to play" game and finding out that I could play a limited subset for free.

There is a critical difference between "bait and switch" and "free sample". You don't have to buy the game. You can play online with your friends without paying anything. That's a free game.

If you want new players to stay after their 2 free weeks in the pay arenas are over, all you have to do is fly with them in the free arenas, where you can even set up custom arenas to your preferences.

What other flight sim offers that along with the best flight model in the business?

Most people who try the 2 weeks free don't stay. This has been true since Aces High started, excepting the demise of AW and FA.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2017, 09:55:16 AM »

WOW I am very impressed.

You know your self extremely well.

HiTech

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2017, 09:56:32 AM »

You are a prime example of this.  "My way.  My way. May way."

Your way is NOT  what this game is about. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »
There is a critical difference between "bait and switch" and "free sample". You don't have to buy the game. You can play online with your friends without paying anything. That's a free game.

I get that it is technically "free to play".  Just saying that as a "consumer" I am tired of fine print in advertising, and can understand why Steamers may have an unhappy reaction when they find out what is actually free.

For the record, I think that AH is an amazing value at $15 per month.   :salute
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2017, 10:47:20 AM »
Since "bait and switch"  is criminal fraud you might consider a different description for Aces High.  :aok

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2017, 12:02:11 PM »
WOW I am very impressed.

You know your self extremely well.

HiTech

Ouch.  TOUCHE'.

”KILLER V”
The Damned