Author Topic: Winter clutter  (Read 673 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Winter clutter
« on: September 19, 2017, 04:00:41 AM »
I'd like to see the snow-covered clutter (trees, buildings etc) from the new winter terrain set added to the summer ETO terrain set's snow tiles.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Winter clutter
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:01:35 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 12:21:49 PM »
Hell, I'd like to see an MA WINTER TERRAIN. 

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 01:17:38 PM »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 01:47:40 PM »
Greebo this is currently not part of the default in the TE. Is this a custom pack created by Easyscor or the terrain team?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 02:15:42 PM »
didnt we have a winter map in rotation back in the old days?

Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 03:53:27 PM »
If you log into the current AvA arena the game will auto-download both the new Aveatow winter terrain and the new ETO winter texture pack. Once you have the texture pack the TE will recognise it and you can select it like the other three texture packs; ETO summer, PTO and Med.

The new winter texture pack has clutter like huts and trees covered in snow, which looks much more realistic than the summer ETO pack. In the summer pack the snowy areas' clutter is the same as the rest of the terrain, i.e. no snow on the trees.

The reason for my wish is that I have a part-built summer ETO MA terrain that I began during AH3 beta testing to help test the TE. One feature of this terrain was several high alt areas covered in snow set up for GV battles. However I wasn't very happy with the lack of snow on the trees, it just looked wrong. This and the need to update CraterMA at the time meant I put it away for later. I have vague plans to look at it again when the MA strat road/rail system is reinstated but some more realistic snowy terrain in the summer ETO texture pack might give me the incentive to work on it again. I'm not keen on making this an-all winter MA terrain though.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 04:38:38 PM »
Great googly moogly, I got intercepted by patch11 and then a big arse 04 download. This is Easyscor getting even with everyone...hehehehe...
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »
Great googly moogly, I got intercepted by patch11 and then a big arse 04 download. This is Easyscor getting even with everyone...hehehehe...
:rofl :rofl :rofl

No No No, this the CM team and the AvA staff getting their earlier Wish List item granted.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 05:07:00 PM »
It looks Great Googly Mooglies...... :aok

Now I'll go back to pulling out my hair over shore batteries. When you space the vast majority of airfields at 19 miles to get people at each other sooner, max range for an 8in is 18 miles. And some logical placement positions allow dropping 8in shells on the end of runways. And players will make sure I hear about it when they cannot logically point their gun at a task group. Went through that with the other terrain because in home waters up the island sides, I only put in shore batteries at the ends "to start fights" in the center. And the enemy loves to steam into those water ways and pick fights which makes you have to up and defend or, crawl away and ignore that fight. Players have gotten spoiled being able to sit in manned guns. On this pacific islands style of terrain with 6 task groups per country, I have to load up all airfields on the water with shore batteries and PT spawns.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 12:02:48 AM »
I'd like to see the snow-covered clutter (trees, buildings etc) from the new winter terrain set added to the summer ETO terrain set's snow tiles.

Greebo,
I was just thinking about this ,  came across this video, one of my favorite tunes while driving; i don't want to advertise any games , anyway i don't play  anything beside AH; yep,winter terrain  would be a great addition to this game; the eastern front was fought in snow.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 12:15:19 AM by ghi »