Author Topic: Level Bombing in the Training Arena  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
Re: Level Bombing in the Training Arena
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 01:09:27 PM »
I certainly understand and respect that.  I'm not in here to fan flames, I came here to offer a suggestion and I received good advice on how to accomplish what I was looking to do.  I'm content to simply leave it at that and be grateful for the willingness of other players to help me out.

The only thing I have a hard spot with is claims that some proposed change will be destructive in some way without anything to back it up except an appeal to more experience with unintended consequences.  While that is certainly true, it does not follow that such experience is a magic crystal ball.  If you don't want to post examples of how a short target down time will cause havoc, my PM inbox works just fine.  I certainly don't post my PMs.

Imagine if a player made the claim that there were various problems with the TA, something seriously wrong with it, then claimed they don't want to tell you because posting them might make others take advantage of it.  How would you react to that kind of post?  Would you take it as more believable, or less believable?

I offered a proposal, a suggestion, and I also posited there is only one way such a suggestion could be nullified by a person of ill intent trying to grief another player in the TA.  They would have to know an intended target AND drop that exact target seconds before another player.  Common sense ought to have a place here... if I am trying to hit X target and I see another set of bombers less than 2K in front of me headed for the same general target (factory, AF), then I'm going to make a couple turns and put some space between us, thus making it impossible for that other player to effect me in an environment of very low target down time.

And I don't see ANY other way unintended consequences could possibly effect it.  You apparently DO think it's possible, but don't care to share it.  So I respect your reluctance for the reasons stated, but without a good example I don't think I ought to expected to believe it's possible.

I'm content to build my own arena now that I know how to.  I'm sticking with that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:12:50 PM by Zener »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Level Bombing in the Training Arena
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 02:50:59 PM »
Thanks for understanding.