Author Topic: MA Players - a challenge  (Read 6620 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: MA Players - a challenge
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »
In the past the duelling fields of the DA were almost exclusively same plane duelling. That's not the culture which has now emerged in the MPA (which is fascinating in itself). The most popular fights are 1-on-1 mixed plane matches.

True.  It's one of the best ways to figure out what your plane's strengths are (if any), and, similarly, its weaknesses.  Fought Pollux there this night, him in a 109F, me in the family 202.  One pity-the-oldman fight, but then a superb match, each of us using his ride to its strengths.  Assuming you've made up your mind to die, you try things you ordinarily might not.  Most excellent fun.

- oldman (Pollux won the good fight, too - of course - but it wasn't easy!)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2017, 12:19:31 AM »
Spent a couple of hours there today with Blinky.  Great fun with a guy who has a good attitude.

Found out I can tail spin and flat spin a Spit1 with ease  :)

Offline nkp514

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2017, 07:14:02 AM »
That is unfortunately the population of AH3 that is taking over.  Spend more time trying to exploit the flaws in the game to sneak a base or do something else for self gain.  The good days when it was just an all out fight for bases is over.  Now its just sneak bases and protect score.  Shame.  Look at the numbers.  Now I have to climb to 30k in a 410 and fire HE rounds at strat raiders from 2.5 out cause you know that happened.  Everyone gets a trophy

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2017, 08:42:23 AM »
I'm unfortuantely placed in Timezones. I'm on CET (Central European Time) and I can usually only play in my daytimes. That would be say between 3-9 a.m. Texas time.

If there's anyway you can get on sometime then, I'd be happy to help.  :salute

Any chances to find you in MPA in weekends around 8 - 10 pm CET?
Euroflyer here as well....

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2017, 08:43:14 AM »
Any chances to find you in MPA in weekends around 8 - 10 pm CET? That's my regular timing and MPA is standard @ 0 players then with maybe 100 in MA....
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Triton08

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2017, 06:54:03 AM »
Have I triggered one already?

(Image removed from quote.)

You've been promoted to my little black book of 'Barstards against whom not to pull any ACM punches'  :banana:

Who needs ailerons with all that torque!

Bozon I've seen a video of you flying that Mosquito. Apparently you're tall enough for this ride. Be looking out for you!  :rock

Anyone else a master of one plane type or another jump on in. Never seen a Corsair there for example (tough opponent), F6F, P-38s, LA7s etc. The spawns are at random alts and locations.

All joking aside, would be great to increase the popularity of this arena.
I wouldn't say a master of the Corsair. I'm set rusty but know a few tricks in a dogfight... I'm pretty good at turn fighting at around 100 knots lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2017, 12:18:26 PM »
Any chances to find you in MPA in weekends around 8 - 10 pm CET?

It's a little late for me TBH. I have other obligations in the evenings. You never know, keep your eye out  :salute

I wouldn't say a master of the Corsair. I'm set rusty but know a few tricks in a dogfight... I'm pretty good at turn fighting at around 100 knots lol

Welcome any fight, any opponent, any aircraft type  :rock

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234