Author Topic: Wirbs are making me crazy  (Read 5401 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Wirbs are making me crazy
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2017, 04:32:40 PM »
Just remember to save that zip file somewhere or, if you ever loose the folder structure and files from the game, they are not the original wirbel and osti sights I created for AH3 to work with the LCG function offline.

Will do.  Good idea.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 09:27:39 AM »
Have you enabled the lead computing sight offline?     

What!!?? I've been playing this game about 7 years now and never knew this. I'm pretty decent in a Wirb, but I just use good old fashioned lead. I tried finding this flag mode and couldn't find it. Would love more info on enabling a computing sight?????

Now I'm wondering what other gunnery tricks I've been ignorant of.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 12:00:28 PM »
What!!?? I've been playing this game about 7 years now and never knew this. I'm pretty decent in a Wirb, but I just use good old fashioned lead. I tried finding this flag mode and couldn't find it. Would love more info on enabling a computing sight?????

Now I'm wondering what other gunnery tricks I've been ignorant of.

Germ, go to Offline, then open the clipboard;

select options
select Arena Setup
select Environment
select Arena Settings
Scroll down till you see "FlightModeFlags" double click

That brings up a window to allow you to select many different "Offline" features, including the "Lead Compensating Gun Sight".

Hope this helps.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2017, 04:38:07 PM »
I guess I'm just stupid. I can't figure it out thanks for trying.
You ARE trying it OFF LINE? Its right there, bud. You may be a LUNATIC, but that is not an IDIOT. Give yourself some credit Sir! :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 10:43:59 PM »
I have a clear screen overlay that figures for crossing speed/lead and distance/drop.  Actually one for a wirb, one for an ostwind, and one for a 37 mm.  Whenever I feel rusty, I'll tape it to my screen to help me get back in the ball park.    :devil

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.