Author Topic: move head up position up/down  (Read 972 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
move head up position up/down
« on: October 08, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »
Does anyone know which game file deals with head positions moving the up/down.  I've done everything I can think of and still have an issue where when i press my assigned button to move head up/down it only moves a fraction of the fully paged up view.  Resulting in my gunnery being un-playable!

I can remember having this annoying problem a few years back and I believe re-installing the game fixed it however didn't really want to do that if someone smarter than me knows what causes it.

Was working fine yesterday when I logged out so really aggravating that it has cropped up.  I have started using TRack IR but this wasn't even turned on between game sessions.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: move head up position up/down
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 02:27:34 PM »
fresh install does the same thing.  grrrrrrrrrrrr
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 05:05:41 PM »
Rename the "settings" folder.  The make a new "settings" folder.  Copy all the files, except the *.kmp files over from the old folder to the new folder and see if that does the trick.

If not, then move the *.jsm files from the new folder to the old folder and see if that fixes it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 05:58:50 PM »
If memory serves,IF :uhoh, I believe the push button/head position thing was done away with in TIR. Well,with AH3. IUse to have a look forward  button so I could lean around nose, hit button and it would slave view around nose. Had dot on monitor instead of gunsight. With AH3 it no longer worked...had to set up a STEEP CURVE in TIR, with Dead band to accomplish that. Its the Y axis to sit taller in TIR I believe.X is lean, Z is forward/back(lean in/out). I think that was more your question? SKUZZY isnt that familiar with TIR,cant use it. Just figure he didnt recognize the issue TIR users had at change over. If I am wrong...sorry for butting in :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 01:26:51 AM »
If memory serves,IF :uhoh, I believe the push button/head position thing was done away with in TIR. Well,with AH3. IUse to have a look forward  button so I could lean around nose, hit button and it would slave view around nose. Had dot on monitor instead of gunsight. With AH3 it no longer worked...had to set up a STEEP CURVE in TIR, with Dead band to accomplish that. Its the Y axis to sit taller in TIR I believe.X is lean, Z is forward/back(lean in/out). I think that was more your question? SKUZZY isnt that familiar with TIR,cant use it. Just figure he didnt recognize the issue TIR users had at change over. If I am wrong...sorry for butting in :salute

This is me trying not to use trackir though, I do believe it causes the problem somehow like the game expects to use a tracker (I did find several files called oclip and clip etc in my game directory that I never recall seeing before deleted them all in an attempt to fix issue)    and then when it is not on doesn't want to move from centre.  Hitting the home key, for a fraction of a second jumps the view back slightly but then it returns to the bugged one.

I'll give that a go Skuzzy, was the first thing I tried but I'll have another go now that I've calmed down.   :bhead

Not sure why the fresh install didn't work...
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 01:29:42 AM »
Not sure why the fresh install didn't work...

Did you uninstall the previous game and double check that the game folder was also gone before reinstalling? If not, the game will use existing settings.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 06:07:23 AM »
If you simply rename the "settings" folder the game will act like a fresh installation.  Installing the game over the top of an existing installation should not change anything.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:51:27 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 01:24:52 PM »
deleted the files clip and clipo   and it worked.    :)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »
deleted the files clip and clipo   and it worked.    :)
sorry about that! Didnt realize you were trying to NOT USE Track IR. Read to me,like something else. :uhoh Should have known...the BRUV, knows what he is doing :rofl Glad they got it solved for you despite me,sir :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain