Author Topic: Skin Display Page  (Read 13250 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Skin Display Page
« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2017, 12:23:54 PM »
Following a wishlist item http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,390234.msg5184257.html#msg5184257 to be able to select specific skins IN GAME, brought me to ponder if this link was intended to replace the CUSTOM SKINS placeholder in the current hangar helpscreen??   :pray

Note:  This only allows one to download.  IN GAME is there the slightest possibility of linking to the auto updater for a single selected skin????   :pray :pray

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:34:13 PM by Chilli »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #166 on: November 09, 2017, 12:42:03 PM »
Ok, I read this a few times and still do not understand what you are asking for.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: November 09, 2017, 01:17:43 PM »
Ok, I read this a few times and still do not understand what you are asking for.

Can't speak for Chilli, (I like his idea too) but here is my proposal when first installing the game.

Edit:  Didn't mean to make the image so big... 

Coogan
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:41:05 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2017, 05:31:40 PM »
I think the OP is looking to be able to look at his skins, see one that he would like that is red. Double click that skin and get the download of just that skin while in game.

Some people leave the auto downloader off and may want to grab just the one skin say to load up in a mission, or for the new guys to grab a single skin here or there instead of waiting for ALL the skins to download. Yes you can grab them at the website, but they are looking to do it IN GAME.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: November 09, 2017, 06:37:09 PM »
I think the OP is looking to be able to look at his skins, see one that he would like that is red. Double click that skin and get the download of just that skin while in game.

Some people leave the auto downloader off and may want to grab just the one skin say to load up in a mission, or for the new guys to grab a single skin here or there instead of waiting for ALL the skins to download. Yes you can grab them at the website, but they are looking to do it IN GAME.

That's a good idea too, if you only want a few select skins and not want to download the whole library.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2017, 07:45:48 PM »

What Fugi said for OP request.
I think the OP is looking to be able to look at his skins, see one that he would like that is red. Double click that skin and get the download of just that skin while in game. Don't think red highlighted skin descriptions are present if there is no .res file, so it I think it is more like I said, must go through Skins Page in order to select the desired specific skins.

Exactly how I perceive the request.

As for my question, I see that the IN GAME HELP that was newly instituted with AH3, has the ability to open web browser IN GAME.  The button click on the words "custom skins" on the hangar help page currently links to a placeholder page and video.  Actually I posed 2 questions.

First, would you like to hyperlink "custom skins" to the new "Aces High Skins Page"? 

The auto downloader checkbox IN GAME will actually update the proper AH folder, but when you select them from the Skins Page, there is some manual locating and placement of files on players' hard drive and it is necessary to relog.   

Second, if possible, giving a player IN GAME the ability to
a) navigate from the browser to the Skins Page

b) player wishes another option on the Skins Page to auto update the downloaded file when operating from the hangar

c) player wishes he may grab specific skin file without exiting game or having basic knowledge of where to properly locate or place the skins *.res files (helpful in special events where hopping in and out of arenas is risky or not allowed, but is a desirable squad option).

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2017, 09:12:42 AM »
Just have some details to add and clean up, but this is what I have so far for the skins display page.  Everything should be functional.  Just have to make it pretty.

Any feedback?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/skins

Can we pin this link, Skuzzy?   I think it would be good to do so at least for a bit.   :salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2017, 10:25:14 PM »
I'll take that as a no.    :cry :uhoh

:salute
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:24:37 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)