Author Topic: Latest patch and Vox  (Read 298 times)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Latest patch and Vox
« on: October 09, 2017, 11:46:25 AM »
After loading the latest patch 15, my vox would not work.  Others were saying they had issues as well.  Just posting here to let you know what happened to me.  It changed my microphone designation in game sounds.  It was the same microphone listed that I have, but it had [loop back] listed after the name.  I changed the name back to my microphone without the [loop back] in the name in the drop down menu, then all worked as before.  I did try a .resetv before going to game sounds on the clipboard.  Was wondering if that is what caused one of the microphone choices to have the [loop back] after the name?   

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Latest patch and Vox
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 11:55:26 AM »
Last weekend many of us had issues with both hearing and be heard through vox. .resetv fixed the issue, as did relogging or rebooting. However, the issue would reappear especially during some time AFK which was fairly common considering we had a get-together. I thought it was a connection issue, but apparently not.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 12:00:10 PM »
I tried both the .resetv and reclogging before going to game sounds on clipboard.  Neither worked for me.  I had to change my microphone selection in game sounds before it would work again.

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 12:16:05 PM »
Actually someone said he fiddled around with the settings after I had checked them to be as should until he got his vox working. However, his settings looked alright when I checked them. Some kind of instability, I'd say.

For what it's worth, we shared a home LTE for a dozen players.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 03:18:10 PM »
It seemed to be like the issue we had in early days of AH3. Where the settings reset on log out? I use VR and IF I took off head set, when I put it back on my VOICE settings had reset.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain