Author Topic: Allies  (Read 5561 times)

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
Re: Allies
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »
Not that it matters,

but JG11 in every PTO list as "NO PREFFERENCE"   But we end up AXIS every time, except one long ago we ended up flying blue bombers.

I could not see a dedicated F4U group being assigned ZEROs in a PTO frame that included their historical unit. Not that they would get F4U in every frame, but should at least get their ride one frame in that month.

Every month someone is not happy, there is no way to make everyone happy, that is just a fact. The best we can do is show up and fly our assigned ride every week, and notify your CO if you are not going to make it so numbers can be adjusted.

I enjoy flying with and against you guys and FSO and Scenarios are the only reason I keep this account.

:salute

Ditto,
I hate to be "that guy"  but it happened to us several years back.   There were hellkittys in the setup, we asked for allied,( there were like maybe 6-7 blue plane squads then)  and got axis.

We were "asked" to take one for the team ( meaning FSO as a whole)  due to the fact so many had asked for allied by one of the CM's after side assignments came out.   Ever try explaining to upwards of 15-20 guys who bled blue planes, and were chomping at the bit to get them, the reason why we got meatballs, and that in the long run it was what was best for everyone?

Lets face it, how often do you even see hellcats in a PTO setup anymore?   Considering there are maybe 2 PTO's a year, why would a squad in it's right mind who claims to be a " blue plane" squad even fly FSO?

Has anyone even considered that the last few years? 

Things that make ya go Hmmm   :headscratch:

Your last sentence!  I do totally relate!  I have to admit though, $5 a nite at times is hard to justify, my squaddies make it worth it  :aok

jdog

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2017, 06:46:58 PM »

Ditto,
I hate to be "that guy"  but it happened to us several years back.   There were hellkittys in the setup, we asked for allied,( there were like maybe 6-7 blue plane squads then)  and got axis.

We were "asked" to take one for the team ( meaning FSO as a whole)  due to the fact so many had asked for allied by one of the CM's after side assignments came out.   Ever try explaining to upwards of 15-20 guys who bled blue planes, and were chomping at the bit to get them, the reason why we got meatballs, and that in the long run it was what was best for everyone?

Lets face it, how often do you even see hellcats in a PTO setup anymore?   Considering there are maybe 2 PTO's a year, why would a squad in it's right mind who claims to be a " blue plane" squad even fly FSO?

Has anyone even considered that the last few years? 

Things that make ya go Hmmm   :headscratch:

Your last sentence!  I do totally relate!  I have to admit though, $5 a nite at times is hard to justify, my squaddies make it worth it  :aok

jdog

This is unfortunate that your squad was forced to fly Axis in this case since your squad has "F6F Hellcat" outright stated as your squad ride. There is no reason that any of the other usual ETO allied squads could not have been moved to Axis instead on the PTO.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2017, 06:48:58 PM »
waystin you are correct pigs fly both sides so does G3 but go look at the axis squads that never fly allied side thats where some have become very frustrated with FSO. in order to balance things out some of them are gonna have to do what they dont wanna do and that is fly allied. Ill say no more here to keep it clean <<S>> 
What?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Re: Allies -=0=- RANT
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2017, 11:59:56 AM »
 :furious I am confused and a bit angry that the P-47D-25 is not being used in the FSO's current (October 2017 - Daily Grind) when the plane was clearly available in England at that time!  As was the 109G-6 for the Axis, but in limited numbers!

For the most part, the past couple years I have seen FSO evolving into an Axis is the Golden Child set of scenarios, where Axis is given all the advantages in the mid to late war era.  If you scenario designers are going to make historical reenactments in AH3, then match the aircraft up accurately as to performance, and not just the standard, "Oh that model wasn't around" Bull Malarkey!

HTC seems hellbent on ruining their once stellar child, with mostly inaccurate flight modeling and somewhat the damage modeling.  In short, HTC got lazy with their coading.  No new maps from them, and there is no reason whatsoever that the FSO maps, could not be used in rotation in the MA!  Just too lazy to make it 3 sided on their part.

-=0=- RANT OFF -=0=-
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »
Uh the FSO maps are far too big for the MA and where do you put the third country?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2017, 12:36:23 PM »
I don't envy the CMs or CiC's juggling preferences at all.

It's tough to predict shortages though.  I know for myself, I am intending to make every frame.  The stuff that causes that not to happen quite often only has a couple hours notice.  I would imagine the majority of the FSO players are in the same boat.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2017, 01:39:41 PM »
I don't envy the CMs or CiC's juggling preferences at all.

It's tough to predict shortages though.  I know for myself, I am intending to make every frame.  The stuff that causes that not to happen quite often only has a couple hours notice.  I would imagine the majority of the FSO players are in the same boat.

Wiley.
This is true Wiley.  It's like church for me and most of the Pigs.   
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2017, 01:59:34 PM »
This is true Wiley.  It's like church for me and most of the Pigs.

Heh that's funny.  The wife and I's term is "Friday night is holy ground".  Occasionally it gets preempted, but we try to avoid it as much as possible.

Unfortunately at the end of the day this is a hobby not a job.  Sometimes people just don't show.  About the only thing I can see possibly being slightly predictable is if you know your people are unlikely to show for roles they don't like.  Other than that, it's mostly random IMO.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »
:furious I am confused and a bit angry that the P-47D-25 is not being used in the FSO's current (October 2017 - Daily Grind) when the plane was clearly available in England at that time!  As was the 109G-6 for the Axis, but in limited numbers!
I don't believe the D25 was delivered until nearly a year later.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com