Author Topic: recentering  (Read 1364 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
recentering
« on: October 21, 2017, 02:29:31 PM »
I have to recenter a lot.  sometimes 3 or 4 times in one fight.  is this normal in this game.  I read some stuff online and searched the thread but cant really find anything.  I had to move my dead band out in TIR to avoid this but don't see where I can do that in here. 

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: recentering
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 02:46:14 PM »
Yes, it happens for me at about same frequency. I wrote it up to, all the motion you have to make to keep eye on Red Guys. Its just plain hard to come back to where you centered last. Plus its just easier to recenter, than to squirm around to find where CENTER WAS :x But DANG, sure is a FUN way to play :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 04:00:50 PM »
No, you shouldn't need to (unless you go afk and sit down differently).

1 or 2 sensors?
Do sensors have a good view of you?
What sort of chair?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 04:09:44 PM »
2 sensors, I move around alot. I can get close to same position but not exact. So recenter as a short cut :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 05:57:56 PM »
No, you shouldn't need to (unless you go afk and sit down differently).

1 or 2 sensors?
Do sensors have a good view of you?
What sort of chair?
I have one sensor, I use an obutto ozone flight sim chair and the sensor is maybe three or four feet from my ?hood?.  its centered perfect.  when I did the how tall are you I put my actual height and not sitting down height.  do you think that matters? the chair is very tight fitting so only my head moves.  I do go smoke (a lot when playing this game) but its more when I am fighting.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 06:37:10 PM »
Yes it matters! Especially if you see any GIANT jumps in views. Like lean left a bit and it jumps,not a smooth transition. It might be situated such that you never get that lurching of views,BUT if you do...thats the problem :salute

Offline Beau

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 05:58:59 AM »
Put in your sitting down height will make it a little more accurate. Then just map a center key to your stick or throttle. Yes, I have to recenter often but very quick and easy to do.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 07:52:21 AM »
ok I will try my sit down height.  I have a center button mapped, but I be forgetting and bullets are not accurate. if its normal I can live with it was just wondering and think yall answered my questions.  my like drop tanks I just have to remember to do it.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 10:45:37 AM »
Play with the recenter and weapon select buttons for a few minutes on your next 10 flights after you take off. That will help you develop new habits.

Visualize contact and give yourself verbal cues like "fights on, check weapons and drop tanks" so you don't fight heavy or drop the tanks the first time you fire secondary.

The sensor doesn't need to be centered, just unobstructed. It's not as fussy as TrackIR.