Author Topic: Duplicates  (Read 714 times)

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
Duplicates
« on: October 17, 2017, 12:54:12 AM »
Sorry if I'm double posting.

The p51 slots are all taken up.  We can't get a kick butt skin because there is no room.  However there are several skins, made by different guys, of the same identical paint job.  So, we have two of one kind, but no new ones because these "duplicates" are taking up slots. 

I'm NOT criticizing skinners ! I love what they do and wish I had the skill to do it.   But we only need one of each guys.  Just my $.02.....

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Duplicates
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 01:17:55 AM »
Sorry if I'm double posting.

The p51 slots are all taken up.  We can't get a kick butt skin because there is no room.  However there are several skins, made by different guys, of the same identical paint job.  So, we have two of one kind, but no new ones because these "duplicates" are taking up slots. 

I'm NOT criticizing skinners ! I love what they do and wish I had the skill to do it.   But we only need one of each guys.  Just my $.02.....

There are no identical paint jobs that I'm aware of.   There are some airplanes from the same group or squadron based on variance or historical significance (example: Gentile and Godfrey of the 4th FG).   These were cleared in advance long before the slots filled up.

Slots will open up one way or the other at some point, I think.  The Mustang Mafia has been advocating for this for awhile.  Just gotta be patient.

(I still keep hoping for a P-51K--which is a Dallas-built D.)  :pray
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:24:21 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 01:25:30 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there not two blue nose "crimes a mighty ". In the game right now ???

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 01:34:24 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there not two blue nose "crimes a mighty ". In the game right now ???

Without looking I can't.   :rofl
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »
Two from the 352FG / 487FS with blue nose.

1. - Cripes A Mighty 3rd
2. - Dopy Joe

Number two is an AH2 shiny skin.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 02:13:59 PM »
Are you saying they are duplicates because they are from the same group and squadron, regardless of the actual skin differences?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 02:37:58 PM »

That was correct up until a while ago, pxdig.  Fencer had two slots using the same blue-nosed 352ndFG skin - George Preddy's "Cripes A'Mighty".  Earlier this year Skuzzy allowed him to replace one of them with a 20th FG skin - his very nice looking "Happy Jack's Go Buggy".   

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 02:16:32 AM »
I noticed in the P-51B section there are two 4th FG, 334th FS skins that have the same (best I can tell) serial number and side codes.   QP*L.   One is Fencer's "Salem Representative" (Hofer) the other is unnamed by MachNix.

Are these both intended to be Hofer's airplane?

I have looked online for a QP*L that looks like MachNix's rendition but haven't found it yet.    :salute
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 04:19:35 AM »
@ skuzzy, I guess I am.

IMHO, having two nearly identical skins does seem like a waste of slot, if there is something different completely different being excluded.  I know your gonna say it's based on planes not squadrons, but to me it seems a bit silly.  Again JMO....

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 06:22:06 PM »
@ skuzzy, I guess I am.

IMHO, having two nearly identical skins does seem like a waste of slot, if there is something different completely different being excluded.  I know your gonna say it's based on planes not squadrons, but to me it seems a bit silly.  Again JMO....

There are valid reasons in some cases to have skins that are similar.  See the previously alluded to Godfrey/Gentile 4th FG P-51Bs. 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -