Author Topic: warping/ping effect bullet spray  (Read 412 times)

Offline Rotax

• Zinc Member
warping/ping effect bullet spray
« on: October 26, 2017, 08:09:15 AM »
yesterday my ping was high mild warping and my bullets were dead on or should of been i've played this game enough to know. straight and level piper on plane bullets werent hitting and i contributed it to lagg perhaps. is this possible. i dont know maybe it was just me i smoke about 4 mary jane joints last night(first time in a while) but no adult beverages and i didnt chase the dragon

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: warping/ping effect bullet spray
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 09:30:28 AM »
i dont know maybe it was just me i smoke about 4 mary jane joints last night(first time in a while)

Unless your tolerance is incredibly high (pardon the pun), that may have had something to do with it. Amazingly, this was a topic on the forums some time ago.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 11:29:37 AM »
In level flight if your convergence is set to 400yd and your con is 400yd flying at the same speed as you, your rounds will fall short if you place the pipper on him. How can this be.....50cal takes .49sec to travel 400yds. At 350mph how far does your plane travel in .49sec? 350mph is about 513ft per second, so .49sec is about 200ft that you are missing by.

Haven't you ever wondered why in the drone ring you miss when you simply place the pipper on the drone at range? It's no different than when you set your pipper to the inside of a drone's turn with a bit of elevation to drop the rounds into where the drone will be flying. With a 6 chase it's not as obvious that you have to account for .49sec of travel distance when you shoot.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 02:54:06 PM »
When I start missing badly, I usually realize I am tracer aiming instead of gun sight aiming.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 04:01:16 PM »
When I start missing badly, I usually realize I am tracer aiming instead of gun sight aiming.
Same with me Randy! Thats when I disable tracers and go Off-line to sharpen up sight picture again. It may seem boring...chasing slow drones,off-line, but IT helps me A LOT :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 07:26:36 PM »
Same with me Randy! Thats when I disable tracers and go Off-line to sharpen up sight picture again. It may seem boring...chasing slow drones,off-line, but IT helps me A LOT :salute

Hmmmmm funny how you don't miss me--<-- everybody makes that statement huh
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.