Author Topic: Looking for a little help with non-skin related nose art.  (Read 866 times)

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
Looking for a little help with non-skin related nose art.
« on: November 09, 2017, 10:43:01 AM »
I know this is the skinners forum, but I thought I would ask here because you guys are known for your attention to detail.
My daughter is going to paint three DC3 access panels with the nose art from Don Gentile’s WWII airplanes.  He flew a Spitfire called, “Buckeye Don”.  A P-47 called, “Donnie Boy”.  And a P51 called, “Shangri-La”.
We are good with the P-47 and Mustang, but I am looking for any additional information that I can find on the Spitfire nose art, “Buckeye Don”.  So far this is what I have to work with.

As you can see they don’t all agree on the basic colors.  What are your thoughts on the colors?
One of the blank DC3 access panels.

Here are a couple of photos of DC3 cowlings that she has painted and are hanging in my garage.

Thanks for any help!
CHEERS!  goaly
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Looking for a little help with non-skin related nose art.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 11:57:42 AM »
Don't believe there is a colour photo of this Spitfire. However there is many of his Mustang.
I would say use the Mustangs colour scheme because I doubt they would have painted it with different colours on the Spit.

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
Re: Looking for a little help with non-skin related nose art.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 02:38:34 PM »
She is painting DC3 access panels, so she can buy DC4 cowlings to do even bigger nose art.

My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.