Author Topic: ENY is Killing AH  (Read 14690 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Re: ENY is Killing AH
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2017, 08:05:32 AM »
Pigs on the Wing tried to even out the numbers....maybe it's time one of you Bish squads to do your part for the community....

:ahand

I agree. (Most of) v97th is rook this tour. Working on the reluctant ones to bring the full crew over. The game would be better overall if one side didn't win nearly all the time.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2017, 09:07:58 AM »
I have to agree with Kilroy on the low number end of things..... I personally don't get affected by eny with my choices however when the arena has the very low numbers of when I play ...we are talking 10 as the high numbered side it is a little retarded to my mind.... I don't care if I'm facing off ( yes I know that is a personal stand point) against a pony or P40 ... only difference is I have a better chance to face off against something if the pony is available...  Threshold numbers for ENY to kick in ??? but when you have a total of 30 players it is a bit on the nose... people just tower hop...or run Gv's...GV's are fine...but I'm a 80/20 guy I want to fight planes more....
The thing is, Tongs, is that when there are 30 in the room, 20 of them are usually Bishops, and hording.
Besides, you don't care about ENY, all you fly is the KI-61 anyway!! :airplane: :joystick: :salute
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2017, 09:39:25 AM »
The game would be better overall if one side didn't win nearly all the time.
This sentiment goes without saying. To maintain any other perspective is illogical, therefore irrelevant...which leads to defining ones position on it. It is not my responsibility to even the game. It is my right to hone my skills, those of my countrymen and to develop a system to achieve the ultimate goal. When one country has done so, it is "God's" responsibility to keep the world, the war, populated.

I personally reject the "god complex" several players have demonstrated by continually switching between Rook and Knight, as if their personal input somehow makes everything right. To each his own.

This thread is about one of the tools the virtual god of AH uses to keep things fair, ENY. Tn that capacity it fails, in it's present configuration. I can offer alternatives, a tower time out auto kick would be freaking great, it is so obvious that I am sure it has been dismissed for whatever obscure reason.
 Sure, I'll switch countries when you sponsor my subscription. Next idea?

The thing is, Tongs, is that when there are 30 in the room, 20 of them are usually Bishops, and hording.
Besides, you don't care about ENY, all you fly is the KI-61 anyway!!
Here's an idea, work on what could make your country popular, instead of sniping away in here. Get it? Popular/populated.
 I don't know, maybe there should be some sort of no hoard rule or something -- wait, that is what this thread is about and there is one and yet you still aren't content. Your idea: blame the country that does it. Got it, next?

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2017, 10:13:52 AM »
What your ENY screenshot shows is something that's very frequent on the Bish, and part of the reason for your ENY.  Yes Knights have more in flight, but you have more players -- period.  Maybe tell your countrymen to not stay logged in AFK all night hoping for the map to be rolled and them to get 25 perks the easy way.

Did you know 1 flight with killing 2 LA7's in a KI61 will give you the same 25 perks and take a fraction of the time?

...and you don't have to worry about ENY!   :old:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »
So now it is coming to light that the ENY curve is indeed skewed against one country, the country that is uniquely identified as being the winningest and even with that objective, ENY FAILS. Knights have more players, more in flight, more fields and lower ENY, explain that.

You have no idea how ENY is calculated...neither do I, but I think because the Bish outnumber the Rooks by more than the Nits outnumber the Rooks, and Bish outnumber Nits, the Bish get hit with more ENY. It works on arena numbers, not in-flight numbers
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »
So now it is coming to light that the ENY curve is indeed skewed against one country, the country that is uniquely identified as being the winningest and even with that objective, ENY FAILS. Knights have more players, more in flight, more fields and lower ENY, explain that.

You picture shows that Bish have more players. And that's all what counts. Inflight and # of fields don't matter.
ENY is working the same for all sides.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2017, 04:02:19 PM »

Did you know 1 flight with killing 2 LA7's in a KI61 will give you the same 25 perks and take a fraction of the time?
What about this thread gives you the idea that I want, or even need fighter perks? Is it the fact that during the course of winning a map, one is awarded perk points and that is the only possible incentive why anyone could want to end the perpetual early war planes vs. perk plane fights that are typical for a.m. AH gameplay? The question is rhetorical.

Maybe tell your countrymen to not stay logged in AFK all night hoping for the map to be rolled and them to get 25 perks the easy way.
Maybe countrymen is too broad a term for those leeches. Again it is impuned upon me to fix the system I pay into, in order to have it work properly. This, right here, is me fixing it. There are problems, attendance dwindles, I am offering possible solutions. A solution will be found that works or the game will die.
 I see no reason to attend a game that I do not play and I see no reason to allow others to do so. Removing the idle tower queens may indeed solve the ENY issue that I've raised here.

a tower time out auto kick would be freaking great, it is so obvious that I am sure it has been dismissed for whatever obscure reason.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2017, 04:11:24 PM »
I see no reason to attend a game that I do not play and I see no reason to allow others to do so. Removing the idle tower queens may indeed solve the ENY issue that I've raised here.

It's not that obscure.  It's too easy to get around an afk kick to bother with it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2017, 04:26:36 PM »
There are obvious ways around the ENY issue you seem to be having.  Your inability to try new/different things up to and including new planes or new countries is completely your own problem. 

The game has mechanics in place for you -- you chose not to use them and then claim foul against the developers.

Basically what you're asking for is the ability to roll maps with massive amounts of numbers and no restriction on what sorts of uber-rides you're able to use in the process. 

How would it be fun to anyone else to be permahorded by 20 P51's when the best you can muster is maybe 4 planes to defend?  :bhead

Fact of the matter is, I bet I could own you in my KI61 against any of your uber-rides and you'd find another issue with how the game is unbalanced because your plane should automatically give you the decisive advantage.   :joystick:

Methinks thy buttocks doth hurt.    :ahand
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2017, 04:32:16 PM »

How would it be fun to anyone else to be permahorded by 20 P51's when the best you can muster is maybe 4 planes to defend?  :bhead

My question to that has always been, what is the material difference between being permahorded by 20 P51s and being permahorded by 20 P47D25s, or D11s?  You're not going to be able to mount anything resembling a cohesive defense in the above scenario against either, IMO.

I get what Kilroy's saying, just not real sure what can be done about it other than magic.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2017, 04:39:02 PM »

And they were right. AH2 is dead and gone  :old:
[/quote
not because of low numbers but because of HTC updated the game is why AH2 died.
I did miss 7 months of the game maybe I missed out on something.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2017, 05:10:31 PM »
It's not that obscure.  It's too easy to get around an afk kick to bother with it.

Wiley.
I disagree about bothering with it. I am embarrassed to say that I have dozed off while in the tower, even while in game, in a tree shadow for example. I'd be relieved to find out the game had discoed me, because as embarrassed as I am for falling asleep while killing people, I am ashamed for idle jacking the ENY. Many bish do openly condemn the practice. If someone wants to get around it by getting out of the tower every two hours, or whatever the interval is, I say let them. If they want to try my tree trick, well the kick won't work, but tyfoo always manages to film find me or something so, there's that.
There are obvious ways around the ENY issue you seem to be having.  Your inability to try new/different things up to and including new planes or new countries is completely your own problem. 
Not sure how you would educate the noobs, keep the game from dying and not turn this into my ENY problem without actually thinking, but you might try it.
The game has mechanics in place for you -- you chose not to use them and then claim foul against the developers.

Basically what you're asking for is the ability to roll maps with massive amounts of numbers and no restriction on what sorts of uber-rides you're able to use in the process. 

How would it be fun to anyone else to be permahorded by 20 P51's when the best you can muster is maybe 4 planes to defend?
Basically what you are asking for is to not change anything about a dying game. How would it be fun to enter an empty MA? ENY blocking the permahoard has obviously worked so well I am sure the game would have dies ages ago, without it, right?

Fact of the matter is, I bet I could own you in my KI61 against any of your uber-rides and you'd find another issue with how the game is unbalanced because your plane should automatically give you the decisive advantage.
So now you've actually managed to turn this thread into a you vs. me thing, classic Conan the Barbarian.
Methinks thy buttocks doth hurt.
I am not so full of myself as to presume anyone would want to know what I think.

My question to that has always been, what is the material difference between being permahorded by 20 P51s and being permahorded by 20 P47D25s, or D11s?  You're not going to be able to mount anything resembling a cohesive defense in the above scenario against either, IMO.

I get what Kilroy's saying, just not real sure what can be done about it other than magic.

Wiley.
Ok. It is largely caused, I think, by one countries absence. Before Rooks started disappearing, I didn't notice it so much, or what I mean to say is, it worked, or or less, it was relatively linear - and Bish has been doing the morning roll thing for a much longer time. Now we have an absent country that throws the scales off and both remaining countries are compelled to compensate, to make it "fair" for an AFK country.

As to the cohesive defense, I don't know, let the maps roll by relaxing the ENY and maybe Rooks will feel less discouraged when they log in and don't see the same old 52% home country fields map.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2017, 05:30:16 PM »
Well it has just become a country thing, besides serving to kill off new recruits. They definitely don't want to have to go through the Bish learning curve, the lesson would be "how to excel when even God is against you." Right now in game Bish has a total of 29 online, 9 in flight. The ENY is 11.9. Knights have 32 on, 14 in flight and ENY is 7.3. Rooks have 14 on with 4 in flight.

While we are on the subject, I would also like my tank rounds un-nerfed, thanks. I pay the same amount as all the lame yucks do that can only hope to get a shot off at me in here, as opposed to the MA. Yes I noticed that 4 HVAP in the radiator did not kill an M4.

(Image removed from quote.)
In the picture you posted the bishops have 20 people logged in and 9 in flight knight have 18 and 14 people in flight  and rooks only have 4 in flight I sometimes wish ENY counted in flight but if a mission were to start then it would drastically throw all the balance of eny so I would do what the others suggest quit your moaning and groaning and fly different planes or Switch sides
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2017, 05:50:52 PM »
I am offering an argument to end or modify the imposition of ENY. As a game leveling, balancing factor of fairness, it fails. The game appears to be in a rut with the Rook nation largely absent. Numbers cycle from about 150 when all countries are populated relatively evenly, to about 25-30, with the Rook nation at times unrepresented. So, when it is 7 vs 11, the 11 member nation must struggle to make advances with early war planes against perk planes while the Rooks sit in tower. Have you ever tried to capture a field with FM2's against just a few La-7's/Spit 16's? The old days of the hoard covering each other's six are temporarily suspended at best, getting 10 people in on a mission is a real feat in the Steam age. None of them seem too impressed with ENY, either, btw.
 When the map is new, or balanced, the Rooks seem to attend more. They certainly do not seem to log on and express, "goody, the have stinky eny let's nail them." It is more like, "bummer, the map sucks again, I'm playing Minecraft" and they leave and ENY soars.

No one really cares who won the last map, in internet terms, it no longer exists. If removing ENY to allow these stale maps to end and refresh causes a slew of victories for the populated country, I think what people will notice is, "ah, new map, a new chance to nail them," as so often inevitably happens anyway. It will increase attendance.

ENY is why we have maps with 60% fields belonging to the home country -- that do not end for days. This stuff is incredibly obvious and I should be enjoying my subscription, not managing the nature of it, so you are welcome for the heads up. Please consider the message, accept it's validity and make appropriate adjustments.

Need to pork? Fly a Mossie or TBM. Need to go fast? Fly a PonyB. Need to turn? Fly a Spit9. Need to climb? Fly a 109G2. Need to bomb? Fly a Ju 88. Stop whining.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2017, 06:07:09 PM »

Wiley.

Wiley i disagree.. a couple D9s or Tempests could quickly get alt and push down an attack of D11s or D25s whereas they would have a much more difficult time shepharding a group of 51s that could gave a few edtend enoigh to have the energy to threaten them.  If anything more ENY would make the fights less lopsided. And using ENY 40 planes can be fun too!