Author Topic: ENY is Killing AH  (Read 14803 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: ENY is Killing AH
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2017, 07:22:25 AM »
It seems like the real eny complaint is all about not being able to fly 5 eny planes.

I'm usually in 20 or greater eny planes so I'm happy when my side is out numbered. I got 3 kills in an fm2 the other night and earned 18 perks for it!

Maybe eliminating eny when there's less than a certain # playing would be a good thing to try. If I only flew the 51 or spit 16 and during low # euro/asia time zones, I would be frustrated.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2017, 07:36:11 AM »
The rumors about your mother's basement seem more credible reading this stuff.

Is this true Bruv? You have a mother and were not in fact assembled in the R.A.F. museum? It's an outrage!  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2017, 07:59:24 AM »
As far as base captures go, the only effective eny restriction is the Lancaster outside of perk planes.  Planes like p51s have very little effect on base capture.  Let the fly guys have their birds.

The only eny restriction that ever bothers me is the wirble and lancaster. 

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2017, 08:56:30 AM »
nevermind...things I was gonna say have already been said  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:59:36 AM by Dace »

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2017, 09:10:16 AM »

How can you know what I prefer, or what I consider to be a personal problem? That is right, you can't, but you can go ahead and type like you can which leads to the validity of everything else that clatters off your keyboard. Implying the entire forum is your ally does not salvage your credibility and making an unsupported statement as to the effects of ENY removal proves you don't care.

It is pretty easy to see what you prefer and is a personal problem for you, you did after all start a thread about it!  :rolleyes:

Again, removing ENY isnt going to bring the numbers up. All it will do is allow the larger group of players in the low number times DOMINATE the other teams. Which if you think about it will cause those players to log of/avoid any fight. If you want to roll bases unopposed with out ENY maybe you should load up a custom arena. That WILL bring in new players as those looking to play in the free arenas will see some activity in yours and join in.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »
Last night, the typical scenario with knights being outnumbered and and facing hordes on both sides was present. If anything INCREASING ENY effects would have benefited the game.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2017, 01:30:16 PM »
It is pretty easy to see what you prefer and is a personal problem for you, you did after all start a thread about it!  :rolleyes:

Again, removing ENY isnt going to bring the numbers up. All it will do is allow the larger group of players in the low number times DOMINATE the other teams. Which if you think about it will cause those players to log of/avoid any fight. If you want to roll bases unopposed with out ENY maybe you should load up a custom arena. That WILL bring in new players as those looking to play in the free arenas will see some activity in yours and join in.

Agreed
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2017, 04:57:27 PM »
Last night, the typical scenario with knights being outnumbered and and facing hordes on both sides was present. If anything INCREASING ENY effects would have benefited the game.
What's typical is people saying they are being hit by hordes on both sides...how is it that a Knight, a Bish and a room have said this all within the same week on the bbs...
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2017, 05:07:44 PM »
Yes probably because it happens to all sides at various tumes of the day. ENY is still the best way to mitigate it.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2017, 05:49:38 PM »
Most of you don't play when the ENY that the OP is predominantly talking about is in force... seriously...get up at 3-6 in the morning and log in...see how/ what your reaction is then....
 Lunatic..earlier on you spoke about your time 9 am.... this is when the population is growing also it was a Saturday morning and a scenario was due that day..
.I know you are also on in the wee smalls at times when the numbers are 30 and below... the times you are talking about in the other reply to me are awesome....90 people is a good time...more is better..because the numbers who aren't actually there have less effect.

seriously... we have a max of 30 on the roster... many of them are asleep and just tower sitting whilst they do.... So sure we have a raging number on but the inflight is dismal... for the last we while rooks have been very low...4 on the side...but they can have all four in flight...bish do have numbers at this time but as seen...the number in flight is less than knits....that screenshot is probably about 2 am my time 9am EDT so numbers are starting to climb

I guess there is no right or wrong way to this.... someone will always have a problem...

but for me...(yes me) low numbers needs a tweak... I invite you all to log in at these times to see what I am talking about   :evil: :devil

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2017, 11:50:27 AM »
Solution make eny based on how many planes/vehicles are in sortie? Pros cons?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2017, 12:08:07 PM »
Solution make eny based on how many planes/vehicles are in sortie? Pros cons?

A group of players can sit in the tower to lower ENY, select uber planes, then launch together.     :noid
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2017, 02:50:13 PM »
Every time I think I know how to fix the eny part of the game I stumble on  another reason not to change it. 

The problem is there is no good answer.  It is like government and taxes.  Both suck but you have to have some sort of control.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2017, 03:48:59 PM »
The only problem with ENY is those that cant handle being restricted by it.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2017, 12:44:22 PM »
The only problem with ENY is those that cant handle being restricted by it.

ENY rarely hits my choice of rides but I do wish players could get the plane they want.