Author Topic: New GV dar  (Read 42347 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: New GV dar
« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2017, 11:19:45 AM »
Operation Cobra was kicked off with heavy strategic bombers playing a tactical role by saturation bombing.  Although they didn't come from 4 miles away.   ;)
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2017, 11:51:11 AM »
This is a case of selective realism to the extreme.

Don't forget, icon range was only 2K in WWII!   :old:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #317 on: December 05, 2017, 05:42:12 PM »
Don't forget, icon range was only 2K in WWII!   :old:

Are you sure?? I thought the Germans had 2k and we had 3k, of course I could be wrong. :x Of course your point is meaningless in Aces High.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #318 on: December 05, 2017, 07:08:03 PM »
Well the new GV dar certainly didn't just stop the bishops from taking a field we were defending from the air.  Apparently if you coordinate and bring some AA vehicles you can defend yourselves from those pesky airplanes!
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #319 on: December 05, 2017, 07:36:53 PM »
Well the new GV dar certainly didn't just stop the bishops from taking a field we were defending from the air.  Apparently if you coordinate and bring some AA vehicles you can defend yourselves from those pesky airplanes!

Sir you just posted a statement that proves the OP is whining. Please edit your post and rephrase it as a legitimate whine. We cannot have valid points posted in a whine thread. This is your final warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #320 on: December 05, 2017, 08:18:44 PM »
Can we give this topic a rest?  I think the latest range GV radar does the trick.  I think this version is the best of all worlds. 

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Red square visible to a pilot if he/she is 9k from a GV
Red square visible to a GV'er if he/she is 6k from a GV

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #321 on: December 06, 2017, 12:06:16 AM »
I was at Cu Chi 67-68 and did not realize just how immense the tunnel structure was underneath of us till after I came home in 1968. BTW as you know much of SV looked like a moon pocked scape from the air.<S> brother

Unit got staged a distance from a planned target area at Cu Chi in '68. Scattered clouds and never saw the planes, but the drop was an awesome drawn out rumble with ground shudders. When we were sent to the target area to assess tunnel damage, body count or survivors, the area looked like a moonscape. Some of the craters were yuuuuge, especially among tunnel complexes..  Awesome power in that bombers payload.  Great video. 

In the game under a formation of Lancs with salvo 10 in a town could approximate that on a smaller scale.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:11:08 AM by rvflyer »
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline EagleOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #322 on: December 06, 2017, 07:49:26 AM »
no jinx its not, quit trying to fix something that isnt broken

Offline EagleOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #323 on: December 06, 2017, 07:51:55 AM »
give us new planes or something, wasting time tweaking radar options is ridiculous...

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: GV DAR
« Reply #324 on: December 06, 2017, 09:42:55 AM »
The GV hunter gets bored or runs out of gas because trying to find your cowardly arse in the bushes is an exercise in futility given the current GV icons.

+1

I only find GVs now by accident.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #325 on: December 06, 2017, 10:29:13 AM »
give us new planes or something, wasting time tweaking radar options is ridiculous...

Or something like the new tournament system?
Or something like the new match play instant action?

The addition of a system to see that a vehicle is around is something I have been wanted to add since AH3 was released. I simply finally got around to writing it after more then a year.

HiTech

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #326 on: December 06, 2017, 10:32:27 AM »
Now we need PBY's with Ship Radar that can detect a carrier group within 25 miles and put it's blip on the map for the bombers to see!   :joystick:   :pray
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #327 on: December 06, 2017, 10:43:34 AM »
I am not against a GV dar. But i don't see the need for it either and a felt i never did. However what i am far more interested in than screaming at each other about how much it s*cks is why HiTech felt that we needed it.

Is it to promote player interaction?
Is it against sneeks?
Or would HiTech likes players to play in a different way?

Could you give us some more insight of your thought process HiTech? I am sure everyone will understand better when they are more involved in the proces.

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #328 on: December 06, 2017, 10:52:54 AM »
thank you!

I am now inspired to hone my skills hunting GV's from fighters.  While I am low and looking to engage the GV's, I fully expect enemy fighters to engage me, resulting in a fight.

Sometimes, I'm sure, I will engage enemy fighters who are low and hunting in GV's, resulting in a fight.

I appreciate the new tools given to us and applaud HiTech for making this change.

The end result will surely be more fights, and a whole lot less sneaking around in missions that in my opinion were not much more than griefing.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #329 on: December 06, 2017, 11:17:25 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:54:34 AM by hitech »
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane