Author Topic: Strat Re-Sup  (Read 586 times)

Offline buddyshamrock

• Zinc Member
Strat Re-Sup
« on: November 16, 2017, 10:43:05 PM »
the original 30 min re-sup was too much but the current 10 min is not enough ... suggest a 15 min time reduction on Strat re-sup.
Utah

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Re: Strat Re-Sup
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 10:47:49 PM »
  Ten minutes makes it the same as supplying a base or town.  Keep it standard.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline buddyshamrock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 10:53:23 PM »
AH had it at 30 min in the original new version ... so it can be adjusted. Strats maintenance wins or loses the War. Faster re-sup helps keep the playing field level. Just my opinion.
Utah

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 11:07:32 PM »
Another option would be to reduce the maximum strat down time to 120 minutes instead of the current 180.  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 08:46:05 AM »
Another option would be to reduce the maximum strat down time to 120 minutes instead of the current 180.  :rock

-1 10 minutes is fine---again get more people to resupp.
keep in mind there are people out there trying to end resupplying-they would really have a conniption fit esp bomber pilots, if towns and strats had a 15 minute resupp per drop time
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 08:49:48 AM »
AH had it at 30 min in the original new version ... so it can be adjusted. Strats maintenance wins or loses the War. Faster re-sup helps keep the playing field level. Just my opinion.
I would argue it helps you not lose the war...yall still need to come out of hiding to fight to win it....unless you do it off hours at undefended bases.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:59:16 AM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 08:52:27 AM »
I would argue it helps you not lose the war...yall still need to come out of hiding to fight to win it....unless you do it off hours at undefeated bases.
LOL THAT ^^^^^^was fast JUNKY lol I knew it lol
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 01:45:53 PM »
The whole purpose of bombing a strat is to put opponents at a disadvantage, so much so that it behooves them to make an effort to defend against it.  You want more punishing puffy ack, now shorter resupp times.  Why not just wish for indestructible strats and be done with it?  Better yet, why not take up a fighter and try to stop it, then a resupply time would be moot.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 09:53:43 PM »
The whole purpose of bombing a strat is to put opponents at a disadvantage, so much so that it behooves them to make an effort to defend against it.  You want more punishing puffy ack, now shorter resupp times.  Why not just wish for indestructible strats and be done with it?  Better yet, why not take up a fighter and try to stop it, then a resupply time would be moot.

LOL says one of the guys vulching fields to prevent uppers. :x
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »
LOL says one of the guys vulching fields to prevent uppers. :x

I don't know why you're accusing me of that.  I primarily fly bombers.  If I'm vulching someone trying to take off, it's normally because I'm trying to help keep a cap for a base take or when I already have one fighter I'm dealing with and don't want a second one.  I don't just fly around looking to do that.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 05:45:40 PM »

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 10:53:23 PM »

HiTech said that the 30 min resupp setting was an accident and wasn't meant to be 30 min's-I and some others asked for it to be 10 mins instead of going back to four and he made it so... you have to have some give and take in this game. no since in bombing strats to 10% if you can have it all back up in 10 trips or more. and getting Knights to resupp anything is akin to them getting what teeth they have pulled.

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 09:30:38 AM »

... getting Knights to resupp anything is akin to them getting what teeth they have pulled.

Ya hear that, ThndrEGG?  We need to look into a 91st BG dental plan.  We can drop brochures over the factories we bomb.  :rofl  :rofl

Lunatic I think all countries suffer a bit from the same problem.  I remember a time when it was more common to see folks end a sortie, run one box of supps, then get back to whatever they were up to.  Helps a lot when it's a group effort.