Author Topic: back to normal?  (Read 785 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
back to normal?
« on: January 16, 2018, 02:47:07 PM »
Have any of you noticed this? Well by YOU I mean users that got the new resolution for VR showing up in sign in/video settings. Mine has some how reverted back to ONLY 1920/1080 again. The Rift still shows up as display but cant get the RIFT resolution selected? No big deal, just happened to notice it last evening :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: back to normal?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 03:19:51 PM »
Never mind....its showing up today :O
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 03:25:00 PM »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 06:18:42 PM »
I’ve never done that.........today, because I haven’t turned the computer on yet.  After doing an Oculus update yesterday, there was about 20 minutes of flailing  :rolleyes: before being back to normal.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 01:34:31 AM »
I played a bit before I noticed this in TIR mode. Think that was problem? I signed in to AH DX11 and clicked no(want to use rift) WITH RIFT ON. Then selected proper RIFT display,closed and reentered and POOF all good. Was weird, I know! No, Kanth, NOT crazy! Well maybe a bit...it keeps me from going insane though :x

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 05:54:18 AM »
. . . the new resolution for VR showing up in sign in/video settings. . . .

That is a new one on me.  I had no idea there is or was a VR setting in "Video setting"

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 09:14:49 AM »

That is a new one on me.  I had no idea there is or was a VR setting in "Video setting"

I don’t think there is a “setting” you can change. You can just see the rift display and the fixed resolution. Vsynch is fixed and you can’t change.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 10:35:59 AM »
VR Settings are stored in a different file then non vr settings.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 03:20:53 PM »
Right, I was playing with TIR, but Rift was ON,the 2 displays were both clickable. I clicked DISPLAY 1 as was 1920/1080. Later when playing rift again the resolution was 1920/1080 and COULD NOT get the display to change AFTER clicking on display2/ so I closed game restarted with rift on/video settings/clicked DISPLAY 2(the Rift res)/ saved-restarted and was on correct display for Rift