Author Topic: Differences between AH2 and AH3  (Read 4430 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Differences between AH2 and AH3
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2017, 06:36:16 PM »
Many many games have pre-launcher graphics options to set resolution and basic settings. Why? Because if you screw up and set them such that you can't see anything then you can't NAVIGATE to re-set them. Many games will have some basic stuff in a launcher option. It's not unique to Aces High, and any PC gamer should be familiar with some basic stuff like "set your graphics before you play."

As for FOV: You pay for it if you set a higher FOV. You lose detail and things are "smaller" so you must make better use of zoom and its results. The benefits, however, are you are trading detail and being able to see anything, say, as it crosses your gunsight, with general SA and awareness that you would readily have in the real world.

Also, FOV greatly makes or breaks different monitor resolutions. I've played AH for a while now. Back when I started it was on a single monitor with 1280x1024 resolution. Try the same FOV on 1280x1024, 1600x1080, or even my current 3 monitor setup: 3840x1024. It doesn't work the same on different ratios. I have to go up to 140 or 142 on my 3-monitor setup to get the same basic display proportions on my central cockpit area as I had on 1280x1024. I just get more peripheral to go with it (albeit distorted as it should be).
Games that have FOV settings prior to launch also often lack a auto set to match your computer's system specs....all those many games you talk about are probably....dead.

So again....User Interface.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"