Author Topic: All Veterans Squad  (Read 2285 times)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Re: All Veterans Squad
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 10:31:37 PM »
Probably the stupidest statement made on this forum in a long time.

sounds like a way to crap on people who werent in the service. in my experience, vets seem to look down on civilian players in AH. bc we just dont know the troubles blah blah blah
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 11:24:38 PM »
oh geez, relax, just saying that from my experience, there seems to be a divide. its a small one, but its there.  dont get all wound up, theres no disrespect meant.  but ive seen a few times where a vet will say something like "youre just a civilian, what do you know about brotherhood?"  and other things in that nature. dont pretend you havent heard stuff like that. and you can let your patriot force field down because im not bashing veterans or even close to that, even though you guys want to make it into that.  i have no say so and dont truly care if there is a veteran squad just to be clear, go for it.  but i do think there is a certain amount of disdain for civilians, which will create a small divide in certain terms. and again, dont get your panties in a wad trying to show how much of a patriot you are by jumping down my throat. youll get your chance to brown nose  a veteran at some point when someone really does bash a vet. and then they will lift you up on their shoulders and carry you off the field. and everyone lives happily ever after.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:21:14 AM by VuduVee »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 12:57:46 AM »
The original squad leader earned a Purple Hearth himself. We still use the Purple Hearth name to honor him and all other vets.

Is Molerat still around?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 10:39:07 AM »
Is Molerat still around?

Not to my knowledge. Maybe Weiser can answer that.

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 10:57:49 AM »
but i do think there is a certain amount of disdain for civilians
Probably no more than a certain amount of disdain from some civilians towards vets. Usually the anti-war types.

I do think you'll find most vets, especially foreign theater vets are more than happy to be civilians again. Especially ones that served multiple overseas tours like the middle east.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »
Probably no more than a certain amount of disdain from some civilians towards vets. Usually the anti-war types.

I do think you'll find most vets, especially foreign theater vets are more than happy to be civilians again. Especially ones that served multiple overseas tours like the middle east.
yep true, probably more from anti war types

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 12:05:11 PM »
Exactly, us Vets are rough around the edges but for the most part are pretty relaxed people (normally from Uncle Sams hurry up and wait mentality) haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 12:12:34 PM »
sounds like a way to crap on people who werent in the service. in my experience, vets seem to look down on civilian players in AH. bc we just dont know the troubles blah blah blah
Trust me, most vets hate those types of vets who complain about their experience and hold it over people's head. That bring said when someone brings up real life as an argument and they have never experience real combat that's where I know I can get snappy on people.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 12:20:06 PM »
That bring said when someone brings up real life as an argument and they have never experience real combat that's where I know I can get snappy on people.

True that, it's somewhat like "un-married marriage counsellor syndrome".  :headscratch:
Ground Pounders ...

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 01:23:24 PM »
Am I proud to be a Vet? You betcha! Do I feel I am a bit different ? Yup that is for sure. Am I better than anyone else??? Nope not by a long shot. When asked about my service do I give a no holds barred opinion ?? Every time. Most folks just don't get us being who we are at times. I don't think we tend to be exclusive, we tend to gravitate to that which is "normal" for us. Point in fact my ex-wife asked me once if I ever paid attention to what happens when we go to a party where my Vet buddies are at. I said no and this is what she said, she told me at the beginning of the party you all are spread out, you say hi to everyone and then by mid party you guys are all grouped together in a corner and you are there laughing and talking. When someone who is not a vet comes over to say hi or whatever you all stop and sit there and seem to to kinda say without saying it ,hi, now please go away. She was right, we never mean to do it but we just do because we just kinda feel like we can't be ourselves around normal folks...lol We laugh about it because we understand how others may look at it but we are just being normal in our own demented way and we do not want those who would not understand to be made to feel uncomfortable around us and our totally horrible way of displaying our love and respect for each other and having to listen to war stories all day besides I know for myself I get told I am a mess and I need help by my civie friends if I just let myself be who I am. I feel I have to hide who I am and what I really think because folks would think I am nuts most times. That gets tiring if you have to do it all day.