Author Topic: Occulus wish - virtual keyboard in game  (Read 856 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Occulus wish - virtual keyboard in game
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:03:46 AM »
It would be great to have a virtual keyboard button.

It would bring up the text buffer and keyboard and you would point your view at the keys and use a button on your joystick to select letters, numbers.

As a squad leader, keyboard comms is the biggest function loss in Occulus.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
Re: Occulus wish - virtual keyboard in game
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:15:03 AM »
It would be great to have a virtual keyboard button.

It would bring up the text buffer and keyboard and you would point your view at the keys and use a button on your joystick to select letters, numbers.

As a squad leader, keyboard comms is the biggest function loss in Occulus.

A easier way would be to use Voice Attack. It has a dictation feature when combined with a little creative use can take spoken words and put them into the text window. I have done it and it works with a few steps that would be a lot easier than typing on a virtual keyboard in VR.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:11:43 PM »
Plus that would be exciting if you got in a furball and started shouting stuff on CM channel.  :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 12:40:23 PM »
Plus that would be exciting if you got in a furball and started shouting stuff on CM channel.  :aok

uh huh I've seen your youtube vids Miss Potty Mouth    :devil

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 12:43:54 PM »
Ya but all of that is happening locally in my room. I'm really good about clean radio comms in game. So NEENER!!!  :devil
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.