Author Topic: What do you do?  (Read 520 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
What do you do?
« on: January 04, 2018, 10:38:47 AM »
Just a technique question.  With my current setup, I leave the headset plugged into a 3.0 USB port when the computer is shutdown.  In that condition, the small status light in the headset is illuminated anmber.  Does that create a possibility for premature wear or damage to the headset or is it a non issue?   I currently have the headset plugged into the back of the computer.  So, out of convenience leave it plugged in.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: What do you do?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:54:28 AM »
I've always left mine plugged in. I turn my computer off at night.

In case of storm though, i'll unplug power and network cables from the pc but leave the rift plugged to the pc so that's kinda different.

more opinions:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/38656/to-leave-rift-plugged-in-or-to-not-that-is-the-question
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:56:54 AM »
Nothing scientific, just lazy, I leave it plugged in all the time.  When I'm not using headset and Occulus software isn't running the little status light is white.   
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 11:23:30 AM »
It's because your system is in somewhat of a standby state unless you unplug it from mains or switch the power supply off. My joystick does the same, mice do it too.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 12:46:26 PM »
OK, thanks all.  Consensus is to leave it in.  Good point Kanth about during storms.  I do the same during our monsoon season.

All gave some, Some gave all