Author Topic: The new walls around the vh spawn hangar !  (Read 812 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
The new walls around the vh spawn hangar !
« on: December 05, 2017, 12:32:41 PM »
Well done IMHO.  :aok

Now you can roll right out without any tight turns, cover the map room, up a Wirb to shoot the ackers from inside the walls, or peak out from one of the walls if campers are trying to suppress base defenders. Removing the back door is also a great idea. We won't see any snipers with a perked ride high on hill killing spawners anymore.  :aok

There are already allot more tank battles on a v base than we ever saw in AH2 because the terrain allows allot of gv's to hide on base.  The walls now provide much needed cover when defending a base.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: The new walls around the vh spawn hangar !
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 12:40:34 PM »
I upped an ostie last night and was pleasantly surprised at  the new layout as well.  I actually did fairly well until the overwhelming amount of 110's and ponies strafing me finally took their toll.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 12:41:25 PM »
Well done IMHO.  :aok

Now you can roll right out without any tight turns, cover the map room, up a Wirb to shoot the ackers from inside the walls, or peak out from one of the walls if campers are trying to suppress base defenders. Removing the back door is also a great idea. We won't see any snipers with a perked ride high on hill killing spawners anymore.  :aok

There are already allot more tank battles on a v base than we ever saw in AH2 because the terrain allows allot of gv's to hide on base.  The walls now provide much needed cover when defending a base.

Agreed, great improvement.
Except for the stray tank that gets into the VH and you can't turn the turret fast enough to kill him. Have to bomb the VH.  Yes Beavis, you, you cad !!!  :furious :rofl
Ground Pounders ...

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
kudos for the walls at v hangers
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 04:11:11 PM »
     Thanks for the work on that.. I know You probably got quite a bit of feedback on the first models. They were a little hard to navigate with some gvs, but These are nice. Thanks.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 06:01:38 PM »
I agree, they work well. 

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 08:06:20 PM »
"Kelly"s heroes" comes to mind watching  the vh wall drama on BB. :)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: kudos for the walls at v hangers
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 02:25:14 PM »
     Thanks for the work on that.. I know You probably got quite a bit of feedback on the first models. They were a little hard to navigate with some gvs, but These are nice. Thanks.

It was a bad design, made camping the hangar easy..... protected the enemy tank inside the walls as well from friendly tanks as well as field guns....

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »
There was a tank inside the vh spawn hangar last night. I simply asked several gv's to up at the same time I did and we got him.
If a base is flashing for a period of time and no one monitors what is going on that will happen regardless if walls are present or not.
I used to hide inside the hangar in AH2. It was not until several uppers at once got me during my reload time. The walls now prevent long range snipers camping the spawn and allow multiple exits for base defenders.

My two cents

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)