Author Topic: Remagen AvA Tank and Ground Attack Terrain  (Read 527 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Remagen AvA Tank and Ground Attack Terrain
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:31:52 PM »
Step 1 - Use Artik's Make a Map ..... CHECK

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Remagen AvA Tank and Ground Attack Terrain
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »
hows it coming?

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 06:24:00 PM »
I'm learning the ropes on all of the little details I want in the terrain.  I figured if I'm going to do this and put my name on it, I want it to be something I'd to play in regularly.  Hence all the details.  I couldn't say this before, but now that I know what's doable (and now that I'm actually having successful experiments), I can say for sure that it will be nothing like anyone has seen in this game before, visually.  It will be quite a bit different.  I'll try to start posting results of the experiments on this thread. 

Also, now that I have the basics down, I'm going to tackle the easiest of the objects in this project: the two pontoon bridges.  Right after that I'm going to do the two land tiles on opposite sides of the river. 

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 06:53:50 PM »
You going to try to make both intact and collapsed versions of the Remagen railway bridge?  That looks like it would be quite a task (complex girder bridge).

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 07:06:56 PM »
No, this will be basically be a tank and ground attack arena.  The bridge stays there as the primary means of getting at the other guy.  But there will be sections of decking that you can take out.