Author Topic: Who is in the Charlotte area?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Who is in the Charlotte area?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 04:20:53 PM »
 I'm roughly 45 minutes to an hour from Rock Hill, SC.....  I'm between Spencer, NC & Lexington, NC on the river part of High Rock Lake

South Carolina calls their que "hash" ....never really cared for that hash-que, heh...

Where here in North Carolina we call it either pulled pork, chopped barbeque, coarse chopped barbeque, sliced barbeque ( from Greensboro east to the East Coast you get that mustard based,  then from Thomasville / Lexington and west to the mountains you vet the vinegar/red sauce based barbeque )

I'm about 35 minutes from I-85/I-77 interchange

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 05:15:30 PM »
I'm roughly 45 minutes to an hour from Rock Hill, SC.....  I'm between Spencer, NC & Lexington, NC on the river part of High Rock Lake

South Carolina calls their que "hash" ....never really cared for that hash-que, heh...

Where here in North Carolina we call it either pulled pork, chopped barbeque, coarse chopped barbeque, sliced barbeque ( from Greensboro east to the East Coast you get that mustard based,  then from Thomasville / Lexington and west to the mountains you vet the vinegar/red sauce based barbeque )

I'm about 35 minutes from I-85/I-77 interchange

TC

I love Lexington Barbeque, one of my favorite places to eat.
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 05:27:30 PM »
I had chopped hog on a bun at Lexington about 3 yrs ago. Added a little slaw over the top. It was alright but I didn't get any smoke profile. Maybe it was sitting around a day or 2? I'm pretty fussy tho...been doing backyard Q for 20 years.

TC I hear the Skylight Inn in Aiden has some killer whole hog. Worth a drive from Rock Hill, SC?

Offline DmdJJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 10:04:36 AM »
South Carolina calls their que "hash" ....never really cared for that hash-que, heh...TC
South Carolina hash is a totally different dish TC. Normally served over rice right next to a big portion of pulled pork.
DmdJJ   
"The Damned"
"Damned if we do, no fun if we don't"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Target Rebaul-----> VMF-214   Fjord Fury RAF----> 315 Squadron

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 11:01:43 AM »
South Carolina hash is a totally different dish TC. Normally served over rice right next to a big portion of pulled pork.
There's BBQ, and then there's hash, and there's also Brunswick stew, which is a chicken and corn and other delicious things type of stew.
Come down to Augusta, GA, and go to Sconyer's, you will never go anywhere else. The pulled pork is moist, hickory smoked with your choice of sauces, and the hash and rice will make you leave your wife.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"