Author Topic: Strange X52 pinky button issue  (Read 4445 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Strange X52 pinky button issue
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 06:08:17 PM »
I've never had the issue, but I also use an SST profile.  I wonder if it might be due to the stick treating the pinky as a shift state button even when there's no profile loaded, and having the test window open bypasses that?

I'd be curious if someone who has this issue were to use a blank profile with SST with no shift states and see if the button starts working without the test window open.

Wiley.

Something is not right.
Hell, I got mine set tot trip the wire. 
Maybe the switch is broke.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 01:06:21 AM »
I've found by pulling up the HOTAS properties under game controller, and then opeing aces high the pink Button works.  The only exception is the two stage trigger on the X52. I can only get it to fire all (not recognizing the second stage).  But while the properties page is open, I can use the pinky, the mouse button, and some others that were INOP on throttle too. 

Hope this helps.

B
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2018, 12:12:55 PM »
I just got rid of the Saitek programming software all together as it was causing a couple of other issues - in addition to loosing the pinky.  I just use the default Microsoft joystick driver and settings. The Saitek software, while a strong tool for customization, is just a PITA in the long run - especially for other games I play.

Aces High allows you to map out the buttons individually - no need really for SST.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »
I use the "Pinky Switch" all the time,mine works great. I dont use any thing but Default Win drivers, no sst software. Another one of those WTH issues I guess. Wonder if it could be the TWISTY feature of the X52? Thats the only button/axis I DO NOT USE. My logitech 3Dpro had a short in a button IF TWIST was twisted to the right. Just thinking out loud :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline BHawk51

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2021, 11:14:05 AM »
Even though this is an old post I found that it fixed my problem with my "new" X52. Had same problems with the buttons on the throttle and the pink, not working  and the wheel scrolling up down like the mouse. I opened up the HOTAS property window and I can now use them as a regular button. But as others have said if you close it the buttons go back to working like a mouse.