Author Topic: 2018 Scenario Season Opener <Final Vote>  (Read 2557 times)

Offline horble

• Silver Member
Re: 2018 Scenario Season Opener &lt;Final Vote&gt;
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 11:46:00 AM »
G
Kommando Nowotny

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Re: 2018 Scenario Season Opener <Final Vote>
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 08:54:02 PM »
A
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2017, 07:55:02 AM »
All,

A small adjustment has been made to the "Nuisance Raids" event to better align the hardware. The Hawker Hurricane squadron has been removed from the event replaced with a Spitfire Mk V squadron. Also, a FW190 gruppe has been moved in lieu of a Bf109F gruppe.

Again, this was done to create greater balance of aircraft in the event.

Cheers...
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2017, 11:16:51 AM »
Gosh that's 3 changes to the ticket since voting started.    I understand the P-39Q has replaced the '39D in the Kuban setup but I am a little lost with regard to what the recent changes mean for the Nuisance Raids.   

Are you saying both the Hurricane IIb and Fw190A-5 have been removed from the setup, to be replaced by additional Spit Vs and Me109Fs?

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2017, 11:41:25 AM »
Gosh that's 3 changes to the ticket since voting started.    I understand the P-39Q has replaced the '39D in the Kuban setup but I am a little lost with regard to what the recent changes mean for the Nuisance Raids.   

Are you saying both the Hurricane IIb and Fw190A-5 have been removed from the setup, to be replaced by additional Spit Vs and Me109Fs?

Not exactly, there are concerns that the Hurricane is too slow. It is a point that has merit as most of the Hurricanes of the time became night fighters.

Essentially, the design was adjusted to focus a little more on balance and playability with these changes. There will be enough of the right models to have really great fights for sure.

A vote for either A or G won't be disappointing.  :aok

Just make sure your votes are in by Monday midnight.
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 12:52:19 PM »
Thanks for your response, Sware.   I'm sure either way it'll be good.

I'm just not sure I understand what "A" is any more - have you removed the Hurricanes and FW190s completely?

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2017, 01:55:53 PM »
With all the changes in the aircraft order of battle, I decided to bring this for complete dominance over any WW2 aircraft.

You will always find me in the exact center of the fight.   :devil
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2017, 02:31:46 PM »
Thanks for your response, Sware.   I'm sure either way it'll be good.

I'm just not sure I understand what "A" is any more - have you removed the Hurricanes and FW190s completely?

Negative...

Only the Hurricanes have been removed completely. Even though the Luftwaffe during the period had a major ramp up and refit to the Fw190, we decreased the number of FW190s for parity sake. Removing the FW190 is next to impossible from a historical perspective, that wouldn't happen.

The way the document stands today make it an even event. Should be fun if it is the final vote.

Cheers...

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2017, 05:29:06 PM »
With all the changes in the aircraft order of battle, I decided to bring this for complete dominance over any WW2 aircraft.

You will always find me in the exact center of the fight.   :devil

Looks like photobucket wants money to post pics here.  Time to find another.  I posted a pic of the 1980s arcade game screen of Time Pilot.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2017, 06:04:31 PM »
Until they jump onto the greedy bastage bandwagon, you may want to consider:

https://imgur.com/

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »
I'm going to go with G, based on more aircraft types included and more variety in the mission profiles.

Offline Phast12

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2017, 01:14:41 PM »
G
Phast
JG4
WW1 - Jasta 11

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2018, 08:24:58 AM »
All,

Voting ends tonight at mid-night. Get your vote in today. The resulting winner will be announce early January 2nd.

The CM team will then begin the finalization of the Write-Up, communicate dates, start working on registration and other scenario activities.

We appreciate all of the inputs and votes that have been made thus far. Whichever event wins the final vote, the February 2018 Aces High Scenario will be a great time.

Best Regards,

:salute

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2018, 01:05:43 PM »
G

:cheers:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2018, 05:55:29 PM »