Author Topic: Sorry About Letting The Community Down  (Read 3497 times)

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
Re: Sorry About Letting The Community Down
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 11:43:56 PM »
999000. Been a long time sir. I have a ryzen 1600 3.2. It's 6 cores. Yours for free. You'd need some new ddr4 memory and a motherboard. What size um wattage psu do you have? Code says hi. Any question shoot me a pm.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 01:23:11 AM »
Yes send in a Dxdiag. GTX 1080 card???...pfft that's more than enough to run AH at max graphics and perfect frames.....Something is not right there.
999000, SIR! Do you run Win10, if so do you have the Fall Creator Update? It can REALLY screw the game up. No need to apologize SIR! You have ALWAYS been a CLASS ACT :rock Send Skuzzy a DXDIAG it may be something simple you know?
Anti-virus?

Windows update?

Overheat?

Heya 999000, I agree with hgtonyvi, you should make a post in the hardware and software forum and copy/paste the top 1/3rd of your DXDIAG report

If you're flying with 60 fps sometimes and then down to 6 or 7 fps at other times, something is hogging resources in the background....

Could be anything from telemetry data gathering processes by Windows 10 to any other number of things others have posted in the above quoted post

Skuzzy will most likely move this thread to the hardware and software forum in several hours after he is up and had his morning coffee...

Your current AMD 4130 3.8 GHz quad-core CPU shouldn't be the problem.... a DXDIAG report would help others help you better in possibly finding any bottle necks and/or a possible fix

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 01:57:15 AM »
And then there's the power supply (my go to suggestion now that I've experienced a PC that can't do what it used to with games but still does something without them). *ShruG*  :)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 06:13:42 AM »
Frame rates shifting like that, especially when you change the video card and it continues is ALWAYS due to an external program stealing the CPU away from the game.

That said, the 1080 is a fantastic video card, but it can struggle running at 4K resolutions.  Try reducing the game resolution to 1920x1080 and see if it helps.  If it does not, then the culprit is another program taking the CPU away from the game.

If this is Windows 10, it could also be due to the latest Creator Update.  That update has been giving a lot of grief to a lot of people.  The problem is in the inconsistent manner the problems appear.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 07:28:28 AM »
I'm betting on Windows Update of some kind, even if your not using Win 10 (as I am not, and have been able to recover a good bit from my poor ping issues by turning off the notifications).

I believe there was an option that I chose with Win 8.1 Pro, that stopped the auto update, but in the last few weeks, I had a similar issue (I believe).  As stated above, I was able to turn off the update notices from Windows (using the task manager and shutting down one of the apps that was utilizing proportionally high network / cpu resources).  Wish I could remember exactly which one it was. 

I believe that when I clicked details it referred to Windows Updater or notifications... but don't quote me.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 07:42:23 AM »
Windows 10 AMD FX 4130 quad core 3.8.

motherboard  MSI MS-7641

I really thought the GTX1080 card and a Samsung 4k monitor would do the job!

Info/specs 999000 posted about his current computer setup
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 12:51:24 PM »
Here are the specs on the MSI MS-7641 760M-P23 (FX) mother board.

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/760GM-P23-FX/Specification

The PCI eX slot is a Gen2 and his 1080 is a Gen3, Gen2 will support a Gen3 card. I ended up getting a new motherboard that supported Gen3 and DDR3 RAM with a quad core I5. His CPU has the grunt, he hasn't posted what his power supply is rated or a DXdaig. If it comes down to it, the cost of a new motherboard that will accept his cpu and ram along with a Gen3 slot will be less than the 1080 itself.

999 your power supply rating and a DXdiag would help your audience. In the simplest case, what's happening could be a weak power supply, in the worst, swapping out the video card has exposed an issue with the motherboard getting old which happens all the time with PC's. And why I had to upgrade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 64bit AMD® FX, Phenom II X6/X4/X3/X2, Athlon II X4/X3/X2 and Sempron CPU.
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.

Hyper Transport Bus

• HyperTransport 3.0 supporting speed up to 5200MT/s

Chipset

• AMD® 760G and SB710 Chipset

Main Memory

• Supports two unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 800/1066/1333 DRAM, 16GB Max

Slots

• 1 PCI Express x16 slot with x16 operation (PCI Express Bus SPEC V2.0 compliant)
• 1 PCI EXpress x1 slot
• 1 PCI slot, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface.

On-Board SATA

• 6 SATA 3Gb/s (1~6) ports by AMD® SB710
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s

RAID Function

- SATA 1~6 support RAID 0, 1, 10 or JBOD mode by AMD® SB710 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skifurd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 01:34:14 PM »
So long as he has an 80+ gold PSU that should be more than enough to run his 1080. I think because it's an older Gen 2 motherboard along with an older CPU, it's not enough to run his 1080 effectively at a 4k resolution. If it were me and I just bought a 1080 and a 4k monitor, I would definetly want to run it at 4k. So it might be time for a new motherboard/CPU. PSUs are fairly cheap if he needs one. Also his RAM might be outdated with a new Gen motherboard and might also help with his frame issues. Some food for thought!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 02:39:52 PM »

When I upgraded my motherboard and CPU for AH3 it was after 18 months of testing in the AH3 alpha on an older generation motherboard, cpu, RAM and video card. RAM, CPU and motherboards are cheap if you don't need to play some of the other high end first person shooter games. The 1080 video card needs some system grunt to support it and it works better in a Gen3 slot.

You don't need to spend a lot of money to upgrade to support that 1080 but, make sure you have a power supply that does. I did my upgrade through amazon and newegg for about $300 cpu\ram\motherboard because my hard drives and DVD\blueray were supported by the motherboard. 16G should be the minimum for ram on the motherboard and 16G packages are reasonably priced today.

If you go this route, you have an eager audience waiting to help you out if hadn't noticed..... :lol
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 02:43:43 PM »
Video card and RAM prices are skyrocketing.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 08:18:43 PM »
Dang again.....I waited 6 months until my current video card dropped below $200 from $260. I didn't get the bleeding edge generation motherboard or RAM, I just wanted a Gen3 slot for the video card. If this game is the most 999 will be playing, it won't cost him a lot to upgrade his system if he does one generation back with an I5 or AMD equivalent and the fastest RAM for that generation he can get.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 10:51:35 PM »
Thanks for all the help!! Trying to post DXdiag info

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 10:53:55 PM »
BTW Skuzzy has been very kind..the problem is he is working with me the village idiott when it come to computers!

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 01:27:21 AM »
999000. Try changing your refresh rate from 30Hz to 60Hz. Right click on the desktop and go to video resolution. There should be an option to change to 60Hz there. Keep your curent resolution.

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 02:09:22 AM »
If your monitor came with a display port cable use that and not dvi or hdmi. If it didn't micro center will have quality cable.