Author Topic: How to Clean a Shotgun  (Read 1150 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: How to Clean a Shotgun
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »
Eh, not too much. I use Power Belt bullets in my Muzzle Loader and use the same type of projectiles in my Slug Gun. You wont be shooting enough to worry about it. Maybe if you shot day in day out, but sighting in and hunting shouldnt be a build up issue. The Bore Snake cleaning method is more than enough to clean what residue may or may not be there. I dont even use solvent, never had an issue. Come in from range...run the Snake through it...wipe it down...back in gun safe! The big thing about the Bore Snakes....you can clean from Breach to BORE without a gun vise and strip down. Protect the Bore from damage when cleaning with Metal Rods. It can happen!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 08:32:03 AM »
WHOLE LOT of memories, same sort of instances! Hunting Ruffed Grouse in WV. Seems that those particular "Thunder Chickens" will NOT fly...if you have room to swing your shotgun :x Killed many a sapling trying! Even did it once Turkey Hunting with a Mossberg 835(3 1/2 in) 12 ga. That choke tube was TIGHT, well the Turk was CLOSE lol Missed too the right and took a big chunk out of a 4 inch around Poplar....which fell back towards me :uhoh The dang hens he was with stood around laughing for about 10 min :furious

Are you a WV AHer? Myself and Nefari are the only ones I thought were remaining.

I have hunted here for over 30 years and I don’t think I have seen a wild grouse in the last 15. They used to scare this crap out of me on a daily basis when I was a young deer hunter. I think the exponential increase in the coyote population has decimated the grouse in the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 03:49:20 PM »
Are you a WV AHer? Myself and Nefari are the only ones I thought were remaining.

I have hunted here for over 30 years and I don’t think I have seen a wild grouse in the last 15. They used to scare this crap out of me on a daily basis when I was a young deer hunter. I think the exponential increase in the coyote population has decimated the grouse in the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont live in WV....but thats where I am from. Kenna, and Ripley, Jackson County. Just North of Charelston on I77. Yes, its been probably 20 years since I have flushed one...but OH THE MEMORIES! Our farm was split when 77 went through and the fields really grew up. So when I was a sprout the Grouse were pretty numerous. They were on the way down though, was 80's and was big enough to tag along with Granddad and Dad and his buddies. Most I ever killed in one hunt was 4. Used a Franchi 12ga. 24 inch barrel,Cylinder choke :aok Hit everything I shot at with that gun :rock Dad always said,"If we had had anything but a Full Choke 20,ga....there wouldnt have been any Grouse left". I still come up for Deer season, every year. Turkey season every now and then. Almost Heaven? Close enough for ME :cheers:https://www.bing.com/maps/?pc=W8AP&FORM=MAPXSH&where1=38.674728,-81.642948&name=624+Stone+Lick+Rd%2C+Kenna%2C+WV+25248&locsearch=1
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 03:53:59 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 12:38:03 AM »
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54